Topics

moderated having trouble with links

Shirley Tracy

Hi Group:

Since I installed the JAWS 2021 version, I have started having trouble opening links. At first I noticed it with Windows Mail, but now it happens on websites. Do any of you have the same issues? Is this something connected with the latest update? Or is it my computer? It’s getting frustrating.

I’m using a desktop with Windows 10 and the latest JAWS.

Can anyone help?

Shirley Tracy

Richard Turner

I’ve not had any issues.

How are you getting to the links?

On web sites, it is more reliable to tab or use the next link command.

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

Since I installed the JAWS 2021 version, I have started having trouble opening links. At first I noticed it with Windows Mail, but now it happens on websites. Do any of you have the same issues? Is this something connected with the latest update? Or is it my computer? It’s getting frustrating.

I’m using a desktop with Windows 10 and the latest JAWS.

Can anyone help?

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Thanks Richard. It might be a problem with my computer. It’s starting to hang a lot as well. I’m stuck with this one for a while—so I’ll live with it.

Shirley Tracy

On web sites, it is more reliable to tab or use the next link command.

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

Since I installed the JAWS 2021 version, I have started having trouble opening links. At first I noticed it with Windows Mail, but now it happens on websites. Do any of you have the same issues? Is this something connected with the latest update? Or is it my computer? It’s getting frustrating.

I’m using a desktop with Windows 10 and the latest JAWS.

Can anyone help?

Shirley Tracy

Adrian Spratt

Hi, Shirley.

I’m not having this problem but I did some time ago. Another lister, Debby Hill, suggested moving the cursor to the second character of the link, and it worked. It may be a workaround, but if it works for you, it should alleviate some frustration.

Since I installed the JAWS 2021 version, I have started having trouble opening links. At first I noticed it with Windows Mail, but now it happens on websites. Do any of you have the same issues? Is this something connected with the latest update? Or is it my computer? It’s getting frustrating.

I’m using a desktop with Windows 10 and the latest JAWS.

Can anyone help?

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Thanks. I’ll try it. Because sometimes the links work and other times they don’t.

Shirley Tracy

I’m not having this problem but I did some time ago. Another lister, Debby Hill, suggested moving the cursor to the second character of the link, and it worked. It may be a workaround, but if it works for you, it should alleviate some frustration.

Since I installed the JAWS 2021 version, I have started having trouble opening links. At first I noticed it with Windows Mail, but now it happens on websites. Do any of you have the same issues? Is this something connected with the latest update? Or is it my computer? It’s getting frustrating.

I’m using a desktop with Windows 10 and the latest JAWS.

Can anyone help?

Shirley Tracy

Jim Ruby

Hi, I am having the same problem on gmail. I If I type my email and just press enter on the send button the email will send, but jaws will not update so it looks like the email is not sent, but if I move the cursor to the second or third letter on the button it works. however if I continue to scroll down and try and hit the link to go back to the mail box I am working in I can never get that to work. I'm using gmail in html with ms edge with latest jaws 2021.

Thanks

Glenn / Lenny

If it is a button, do you move to it with the letter B?
I usually use space bar on buttons before trying the enter key.
HTH.
Glenn

Hi, I am having the same problem on gmail. I If I type my email and just press enter on the send button the email will send, but jaws will not update so it looks like the email is not sent, but if I move the cursor to the second or third letter on the button it works. however if I continue to scroll down and try and hit the link to go back to the mail box I am working in I can never get that to work. I'm using gmail in html with ms edge with latest jaws 2021.

Thanks

Shirley Tracy

Hi Jim,

That’s part of my problem. I’m using Gmail through MS Mail with JAWS 2021. Someone else suggested clicking on the first or second letter of the link, and it does help in most cases. Funny, sometimes a link will work and sometimes the same link will not work. I have also learned to wait a bit after I enter the link. Apparently, it sometimes takes a while for it to work. I have often been impatient.

Shirley Tracy