moderated having trouble signing into Bard on my windows ten computer.

Jim Rawls

Hi all,

I forgot my pass word, and when I go to the web site   to sign in I , Don’t see  the link that says forgot pass word. I see the link that says change your pass word, gut I need the link that says forgot password, so I can put in my secret questioners. How dan I find that link? I am using jaws 2021 and   windows ten. Jim

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

If you are not finding the link, call your regional library and they can send you a reset your password email.

Richard

“Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.” – Jane Wagner

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, November 4, 2021 12:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: having trouble signing into Bard on my windows ten computer.

Hi all,

I forgot my pass word, and when I go to the web site   to sign in I , Don’t see  the link that says forgot pass word. I see the link that says change your pass word, gut I need the link that says forgot password, so I can put in my secret questioners. How dan I find that link? I am using jaws 2021 and   windows ten. Jim

Glenn / Lenny

I believe my state library people told me that it has not yet been set up for that.
So you may need to call them to have them eMail you a temporary password.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2021 2:42 PM

Hi all,

Ann Byrne

On this screen, the 'reset password" is just after the login button

https://nlsbard.loc.gov/nlsbardprod/login//NLS

Hi all,

I forgot my pass word, and when I go to the web site to sign in I , Don't see the link that says forgot pass word. I see the link that says change your pass word, gut I need the link that says forgot password, so I can put in my secret questioners. How dan I find that link? I am using jaws 2021 and windows ten. Jim

Judy

If you forgot your password Bard will want you to change it.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Thursday, November 4, 2021 3:42 PM

Hi all,

David Diamond

Jim, true most sites have the forgot “password” link.  I guess Bard, bypasses that link and as Judy stated, you just need to change it.  At least to change it they don’t, I hope want you to enter the old one for verification purposes?  LOL. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy
Sent: November 4, 2021 2:51 PM
Subject: Re: having trouble signing into Bard on my windows ten computer.

Hi all,

Bill White

Hi, David. BARD doesn't bypass the reset password function. If you enter your BARD username, and press the login button without entering a password, BARD offers you the opportunity to reset your password.

If you go to Update Account Info, and try to do it there, it is a change password option, not a reset password option. Therefore, that Change Password link requires that you enter your old password, before you can change it. If you don't know the old password, you can't use the Change Password option. You must use the Reset Password option at the login page.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Diamond

Jim, true most sites have the forgot “password” link.  I guess Bard, bypasses that link and as Judy stated, you just need to change it.  At least to change it they don’t, I hope want you to enter the old one for verification purposes?  LOL. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy
Sent: November 4, 2021 2:51 PM

Hi all,