Topics

moderated Have Files in Alphabetical Order

Stanley Haupt

Hello Everyone:

I have a flash drive that does not have the files in alphabetical order. The letter z is at the top and the letter a is at the bottom. How do I fix this issue?

Stanley Haupt

bookworm@...

Randy Barnett

Go to view then sort then press enter on name. This will reverse the order so A is at the top.

On 9/30/2020 9:04 PM, Stanley Haupt via groups.io wrote:

Hello Everyone:

I have a flash drive that does not have the files in alphabetical order. The letter z is at the top and the letter a is at the bottom. How do I fix this issue?

Stanley Haupt

bookworm@...

Kevin Minor

Hi Stanley.

Go where the files are. Don’t select any of them. Press the applications key, or if you don’t have that, SHIFT+F10 should work. Go down to SORT, hit RIGHT ARROW to open this menu, then hit UP ARROW until you get to ascending. Hit ENTER, and your files will be in alphabetical order.

Hope this helps.

Kevin and Jilly the flying dog

I have a flash drive that does not have the files in alphabetical order. The letter z is at the top and the letter a is at the bottom. How do I fix this issue?

Stanley Haupt

bookworm@...

Mario

IMO, an easier way is to tab to a name split button and press spacebar. now you should be returned to the list of files in reverse order.

bookworm@... <mailto:bookworm@...>