Topics

moderated Groups.io and Changeing All Email Addresses

Mike B

Hi All,

I'm asking this for a subscriber of several Groups.io groups including this one, but he has to change his email address for all groups he's subscribed to.  Would someone please provide steps for how this is done?

I can't do it at this time because of prior commitments.  All help is appreciated.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

Literally, unsubscribe from the current email he's using and resubscribe with the new one.  I can't tell you what the unsubscribe or subcribe addresses are, but he can send a message to the help address at each of those groups, or, more easily, just look at the post address and modify the part ahead of the at sign with +unsubscribe or +subscribe, respectively.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Sharon S

Hi, there is a much easier way. They need to log into the groups IO page and from there you can change the email address and it will be for all lists.

If they haven’t logged in before they probably don’t have a password however you can click the link saying forgot your password and they will receive a email with instructions. Of course this will only work if they still have access to the original email account.

Hope this helps.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, 3 September 2020 1:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Groups.io and Changeing All Email Addresses

Literally, unsubscribe from the current email he's using and resubscribe with the new one.  I can't tell you what the unsubscribe or subcribe addresses are, but he can send a message to the help address at each of those groups, or, more easily, just look at the post address and modify the part ahead of the at sign with +unsubscribe or +subscribe, respectively.
--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Joseph Hudson

Mike, very easy process. Your person will need to go to the website, go to login, go to email me a login link, go back to their email, after they've put in their email address and hit submit. Click on the link that they received in their email. Then I wanna go down and click on more, and then don't want to click on their name, and then go to where it says account, and then go to Weather email address is which will be a text field, and delete the current address and insert the new one, and then click change email and then confirm by replying to the email that they receive. To the new address. I hope this works.

On Sep 2, 2020, at 10:19 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm asking this for a subscriber of several Groups.io groups including this one, but he has to change his email address for all groups he's subscribed to. Would someone please provide steps for how this is done?

I can't do it at this time because of prior commitments. All help is appreciated.

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!

Mike B

Hi Brian, Sharon & Joseph,

Thank you all very much.  He was able to get all accounts switched over and is up and running again. 

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2020 11:02 PM

Hi, there is a much easier way. They need to log into the groups IO page and from there you can change the email address and it will be for all lists.

If they haven’t logged in before they probably don’t have a password however you can click the link saying forgot your password and they will receive a email with instructions. Of course this will only work if they still have access to the original email account.

Hope this helps.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, 3 September 2020 1:31 PM

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 02:06 AM, Sharon S wrote:
Hi, there is a much easier way. They need to log into the groups IO page
-
Sharon, I absolutely agree with you.  However, based on the howls I have routinely received when suggesting that anyone who participates on Groups.io exclusively via e-mail log in to their Groups.io account to do something, I've literally given up.

There are lots of things that are far, far easier to accomplish via the Groups.io web interface regarding account preferences, including changing one's e-mail address.  But you have to be willing to login to Groups.io in the first place, and that also involves setting up a password for same.  For those interested in accessing their Groups.io accounts, if not reading messages, see the opening section of  Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx), which covers how to get yourself set up with a password and able to log in to Groups.io for whatever account maintenance you might wish to do, not just what follows in that document.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Greg Daniel

Brian,

I am the person to whom Mike was referring, and I did go to groups.io, sign in, accessed the FRQ section of the help link, followed the directions and merged my two accounts into one—success.

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on this thread.

Greg

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 12:30 PM

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 02:06 AM, Sharon S wrote:

Hi, there is a much easier way. They need to log into the groups IO page

-
Sharon, I absolutely agree with you.  However, based on the howls I have routinely received when suggesting that anyone who participates on Groups.io exclusively via e-mail log in to their Groups.io account to do something, I've literally given up.

There are lots of things that are far, far easier to accomplish via the Groups.io web interface regarding account preferences, including changing one's e-mail address.  But you have to be willing to login to Groups.io in the first place, and that also involves setting up a password for same.  For those interested in accessing their Groups.io accounts, if not reading messages, see the opening section of  Controlling the Messages You Receive via E-Mail from Groups.io (docx), which covers how to get yourself set up with a password and able to log in to Groups.io for whatever account maintenance you might wish to do, not just what follows in that document.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss