Topics

moderated Groups.io and Changeing All Email Addresses

Mike B

Hi All,

I'm asking this for a subscriber of several Groups.io groups including this one, but he has to change his email address for all groups he's subscribed to.  Would someone please provide steps for how this is done?

I can't do it at this time because of prior commitments.  All help is appreciated.

Literally, unsubscribe from the current email he's using and resubscribe with the new one.  I can't tell you what the unsubscribe or subcribe addresses are, but he can send a message to the help address at each of those groups, or, more easily, just look at the post address and modify the part ahead of the at sign with +unsubscribe or +subscribe, respectively.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Sharon S

Hi, there is a much easier way. They need to log into the groups IO page and from there you can change the email address and it will be for all lists.

If they haven’t logged in before they probably don’t have a password however you can click the link saying forgot your password and they will receive a email with instructions. Of course this will only work if they still have access to the original email account.

Hope this helps.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

Literally, unsubscribe from the current email he's using and resubscribe with the new one.  I can't tell you what the unsubscribe or subcribe addresses are, but he can send a message to the help address at each of those groups, or, more easily, just look at the post address and modify the part ahead of the at sign with +unsubscribe or +subscribe, respectively.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Joseph Hudson

Mike, very easy process. Your person will need to go to the website, go to login, go to email me a login link, go back to their email, after they've put in their email address and hit submit. Click on the link that they received in their email. Then I wanna go down and click on more, and then don't want to click on their name, and then go to where it says account, and then go to Weather email address is which will be a text field, and delete the current address and insert the new one, and then click change email and then confirm by replying to the email that they receive. To the new address. I hope this works.

On Sep 2, 2020, at 10:19 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm asking this for a subscriber of several Groups.io groups including this one, but he has to change his email address for all groups he's subscribed to. Would someone please provide steps for how this is done?

I can't do it at this time because of prior commitments. All help is appreciated.

Mike B

Hi Brian, Sharon & Joseph,

Thank you all very much.  He was able to get all accounts switched over and is up and running again.

Hi, there is a much easier way. They need to log into the groups IO page and from there you can change the email address and it will be for all lists.

If they haven’t logged in before they probably don’t have a password however you can click the link saying forgot your password and they will receive a email with instructions. Of course this will only work if they still have access to the original email account.

Hope this helps.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.