moderated Google Meet

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I am involved with an organization that is switching from Zoom to Google Meet as its meeting platform.

Do any of you have some hints and tips for using this platform with Jaws?

I already have a link to a basic shortcut list:

Use Google Workspace keyboard shortcuts - Google Meet Help

The table I find in this link is a bit complicated, but I suppose    I could work with it if nothing else is available.

I’d appreciate any help or resources anyone could provide, along with any insights regarding the overall accessibility of the meeting platform.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Curtis Chong

Hello Tom:

I participate in monthly meetings using the Google Meets platform. I do not host the meetings. I am merely an attendee or participant.

I usually join Google Meets meetings through my web browser (Google Chrome, in my case). Chatting via text is a bit cumbersome, but it can be done if you search the meeting page for keywords. Some keyboard shortcut commands I use are:

  • CTRL+D to mute/unmute my microphone
  • CTRL+E to turn the camera on or off
  • CTRL+ALT+S to hear who is talking
  • CTRL+ALT+C to show or hide the Chat window
  • CTRL+ALT+H to raise or lower your hand

If I need to do anything else, I use the JAWS virtual cursor to examine the web page that is the meeting.

HTH

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

I am involved with an organization that is switching from Zoom to Google Meet as its meeting platform.

Do any of you have some hints and tips for using this platform with Jaws?

I already have a link to a basic shortcut list:

Use Google Workspace keyboard shortcuts - Google Meet Help

The table I find in this link is a bit complicated, but I suppose    I could work with it if nothing else is available.

I’d appreciate any help or resources anyone could provide, along with any insights regarding the overall accessibility of the meeting platform.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

Thanks, Curtis.

This is very helpful.

At this point, I’ll only be attending and participating in the meeting.

Tom Behler

I am involved with an organization that is switching from Zoom to Google Meet as its meeting platform.

Do any of you have some hints and tips for using this platform with Jaws?

I already have a link to a basic shortcut list:

Use Google Workspace keyboard shortcuts - Google Meet Help

The table I find in this link is a bit complicated, but I suppose    I could work with it if nothing else is available.

I’d appreciate any help or resources anyone could provide, along with any insights regarding the overall accessibility of the meeting platform.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Milton Ota

Hi,

I took a look at Google Meet and it is fairly accessible. Not sure how you are going to be using it, are you going to be hosting or being a participant?

I am involved with an organization that is switching from Zoom to Google Meet as its meeting platform.

Do any of you have some hints and tips for using this platform with Jaws?

I already have a link to a basic shortcut list:

Use Google Workspace keyboard shortcuts - Google Meet Help

The table I find in this link is a bit complicated, but I suppose    I could work with it if nothing else is available.

I’d appreciate any help or resources anyone could provide, along with any insights regarding the overall accessibility of the meeting platform.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

I’m just going to be attending and participating in the meeting.

Tom Behler

I took a look at Google Meet and it is fairly accessible. Not sure how you are going to be using it, are you going to be hosting or being a participant?

I am involved with an organization that is switching from Zoom to Google Meet as its meeting platform.

Do any of you have some hints and tips for using this platform with Jaws?

I already have a link to a basic shortcut list:

Use Google Workspace keyboard shortcuts - Google Meet Help

The table I find in this link is a bit complicated, but I suppose    I could work with it if nothing else is available.

I’d appreciate any help or resources anyone could provide, along with any insights regarding the overall accessibility of the meeting platform.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan

Milton Ota

O, the keyboard commands that Curtis provided should give you enough to work in Google Meet.