moderated Google Dox

Tony Sohl

Hi is ther a class we can take that will teach us how to use google dox with jaws and if so where can we find such a class?

I know Fredom Scientific has done some tutorials on how t use it with jaws but we cannot see the cdoc ument and we cannot get it to work hardly at all!

Jasmine Kotsay

Hi,
What version of jaws are you running? I used to think that Google docs was not accessible either, but now, it’s definitely taking a turn for the better!

On Aug 1, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Tony Sohl <tonysohl@samobile.net> wrote:

Hi is ther a class we can take that will teach us how to use google dox with jaws and if so where can we find such a class?

I know Fredom Scientific has done some tutorials on how t use it with jaws but we cannot see the cdoc ument and we cannot get it to work hardly at all!

Loreal Lavigna

I'm using JAWS 2021 and am interested in this topic as well. The school district in my home town makes use of Google Docs, and while they are making every effort to make all documents attached to their website (agendas for board of education meetings, presentations, etc.) more accessible in every way possible, I'd like to see if there is a better way of working with Google Docs on my end.

Sincerely,
Loreal Lavigna
General, Legal, Medical Transcriptionist
Phone: (518)330-5188
E-Mail: LorealLavigna@gmail.com
What version of jaws are you running? I used to think that Google docs was not accessible either, but now, it’s definitely taking a turn for the better!

On Aug 1, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Tony Sohl <tonysohl@samobile.net> wrote:

Hi is ther a class we can take that will teach us how to use google dox with jaws and if so where can we find such a class?

I know Fredom Scientific has done some tutorials on how t use it with jaws but we cannot see the cdoc ument and we cannot get it to work hardly at all!

Ann Byrne

There is a JAWS webinar on the subject.

At 06:26 PM 8/1/2021, you wrote:
Hi is ther a class we can take that will teach us how to use google dox with jaws and if so where can we find such a class?

I know Fredom Scientific has done some tutorials on how t use it with jaws but we cannot see the cdoc ument and we cannot get it to work hardly at all!

Ann Byrne

One of the features in the latest release of JAWS--about two weeks ago?--was that insert+spacebar then g would allow a person to use regular web access keys with Google docs. Press insert+spacebar then question mark to see the keys.

At 06:29 PM 8/1/2021, you wrote:
Hi,
What version of jaws are you running? I used to think that Google docs was not accessible either, but now, it’s definitely taking a turn for the better!

On Aug 1, 2021, at 4:26 PM, Tony Sohl <tonysohl@samobile.net> wrote:

Hi is ther a class we can take that will
teach us how to use google dox with jaws and if so where can we find such a class?

I know Fredom Scientific has done some
tutorials on how t use it with jaws but we cannot see the cdoc ument and we cannot get it to work hardly at all!

Michael Munn

Here is a video that APH did a while ago on how to use Google Docs with Jaws.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avAFBR1ckv8

You can also visit this website called Your Tech Vision to learn more tech skills on how to use a specific program on your  PC with a screen reader.

thanks

Best regards

Michael H. Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 7:26 PM Tony Sohl <tonysohl@...> wrote:
Hi is ther a class we can take that will teach us how to use google dox
with jaws and if so where can we find such a class?

I know Fredom Scientific has done some tutorials on how t use it with
jaws but we cannot see the cdoc ument and we cannot get it to work
hardly at all!

Ryan Bondroff <deafblindadvocate@...>

Does this come with  a text  transcript?

eom

Here is a video that APH did a while ago on how to use Google Docs with Jaws.

Avast logo