moderated Google and auto fill

kevin meyers

Hello,

I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Jaws2021 and Google Chrome. For some reason for the last few days I will be on a web site and come across a field I need to enter text. The field already has text in it. I can move up and down and the value changes. The value is not even what I want. I can type over it. I just wonder why this suddenly started and is there a way to turn it off in Google Chrome?

Thanks,

Kevin

Vaughn Brown

Hi, Kevin,

A quick Google search came up with these steps. The link is below. I agree, these autofill features can be annoying.

https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/218569268-How-Do-I-Disable-or-Clear-AutoFill-AutoComplete-Information-

Warmly,

Vaughn Brown

I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Jaws2021 and Google Chrome. For some reason for the last few days I will be on a web site and come across a field I need to enter text. The field already has text in it. I can move up and down and the value changes. The value is not even what I want. I can type over it. I just wonder why this suddenly started and is there a way to turn it off in Google Chrome?

Thanks,

Kevin

Klaus Vielhauer

thanks, good information.

sometimes Autofill seems helpful,

but when tapping around on a website  it frequently occurs that I am stuck in the autofill dialog and have no shortcut key to get out.

Any advice which keys are helpful?

Klaus

My problem is how to get out of the dialog!

What is the the applicable shortkey?

Thanks

On 10/21/2021 6:54 AM, Vaughn Brown wrote:

Hi, Kevin,

A quick Google search came up with these steps. The link is below. I agree, these autofill features can be annoying.

https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/218569268-How-Do-I-Disable-or-Clear-AutoFill-AutoComplete-Information-

Warmly,

Vaughn Brown

I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Jaws2021 and Google Chrome. For some reason for the last few days I will be on a web site and come across a field I need to enter text. The field already has text in it. I can move up and down and the value changes. The value is not even what I want. I can type over it. I just wonder why this suddenly started and is there a way to turn it off in Google Chrome?

Thanks,

Kevin

Sharon S

Hi, can you get out of it with esc key? This normally works for me.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Jaws2021 and Google Chrome. For some reason for the last few days I will be on a web site and come across a field I need to enter text. The field already has text in it. I can move up and down and the value changes. The value is not even what I want. I can type over it. I just wonder why this suddenly started and is there a way to turn it off in Google Chrome?

Thanks,

Kevin

Klaus Vielhauer

no, escape does not work to get out of the edit fields

Klaus

On 10/21/2021 11:46 AM, Sharon S wrote:

Hi, can you get out of it with esc key? This normally works for me.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.