moderated Google and auto fill

kevin meyers

Hello,

I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Jaws2021 and Google Chrome. For some reason for the last few days I will be on a web site and come across a field I need to enter text. The field already has text in it. I can move up and down and the value changes. The value is not even what I want. I can type over it. I just wonder why this suddenly started and is there a way to turn it off in Google Chrome?

Thanks,

Kevin

Vaughn Brown

Hi, Kevin,

A quick Google search came up with these steps. The link is below. I agree, these autofill features can be annoying.

https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/218569268-How-Do-I-Disable-or-Clear-AutoFill-AutoComplete-Information-

Warmly,

Vaughn Brown

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 7:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Google and auto fill

Hello,

I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Jaws2021 and Google Chrome. For some reason for the last few days I will be on a web site and come across a field I need to enter text. The field already has text in it. I can move up and down and the value changes. The value is not even what I want. I can type over it. I just wonder why this suddenly started and is there a way to turn it off in Google Chrome?

Thanks,

Kevin

Klaus Vielhauer

thanks, good information.

sometimes Autofill seems helpful, 

but when tapping around on a website  it frequently occurs that I am stuck in the autofill dialog and have no shortcut key to get out.

Any advice which keys are helpful?

Klaus

My problem is how to get out of the dialog!

What is the the applicable shortkey?

Thanks

On 10/21/2021 6:54 AM, Vaughn Brown wrote:

Hi, Kevin,

A quick Google search came up with these steps. The link is below. I agree, these autofill features can be annoying.

https://support.iclasspro.com/hc/en-us/articles/218569268-How-Do-I-Disable-or-Clear-AutoFill-AutoComplete-Information-

Warmly,

Vaughn Brown

Hello,

Thanks,

Kevin

Sharon S

Hi, can you get out of it with esc key? This normally works for me.

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Klaus Vielhauer
Sent: Thursday, 21 October 2021 6:16 PM
Subject: Re: Google and auto fill

but when tapping around on a website  it frequently occurs that I am stuck in the autofill dialog and have no shortcut key to get out.

Klaus

Thanks

Hi, Kevin,

Warmly,

Vaughn Brown

Hello,

Thanks,

Kevin

Klaus Vielhauer

no, escape does not work to get out of the edit fields

Klaus

On 10/21/2021 11:46 AM, Sharon S wrote:

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

Klaus

Thanks

Hi, Kevin,

Warmly,

Vaughn Brown

Hello,

Thanks,

Kevin

Shankar.C

Suggestion:

Instead turning off the autofill on the chrome, just start typing the value on the field. When the focus in the field, the filled text will be still selected. This is the default behaviour of the autofill function.

But, if you still want to turn off the autofill, follow the below steps.

1. Open the settings on the chrome.
  2. Click on search and type the turm autofill.
  3. Wait for the results to be loaded.
  4. By pressing tab key now, you can see few of the links like, passwords, payment methods, and addresses and more.
  5. For instance, if you want to turnoff the address to be filled, just turn off the button which says “ Save and fill addresses Toggle button”

Hope it helps.

Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2021 5:28 AM

Hello,

Thanks,

Kevin

Andy

That works for me as well.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2021 2:46 AM

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

Klaus

Thanks

Hi, Kevin,

Warmly,

Vaughn Brown

Hello,

Thanks,

Kevin

kevin meyers

Thanks for the link!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Vaughn Brown
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 11:55 PM

Hi, Kevin,

Warmly,

Vaughn Brown

Hello,

Thanks,

Kevin

Steve Nutt

Hi,

Couple of things.

When the autofill text comes up, just type or paste new text into the edit field, ignoring the auto filled text, and it will go away.

Also, press escape and the text won’t be auto completed.

I love autofill personally, but I can see it would be annoying for some.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

Sent: 21 October 2021 08:16

Klaus

Thanks

Hi, Kevin,

Warmly,

Vaughn Brown

Hello,

Thanks,

Kevin

Steve Nutt

No, you don’t want to get out of the edit field, but pressing escape will make the edit field blank, so long as you don’t up or down arrow again, just type.

All the best

Steve

--

To subscribe to our News and Special Offers list, go to https://www.comproom.co.uk/subscribe

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

W: https://www.comproom.co.uk

Sent: 21 October 2021 15:11

no, escape does not work to get out of the edit fields

Klaus

On 10/21/2021 11:46 AM, Sharon S wrote:

From Shaz.

Canberra, Australia.

Klaus

Thanks

Hi, Kevin,

Warmly,

Vaughn Brown

Hello,

Thanks,

Kevin