From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 5:54 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Getting to attachments

Hello,

Is there another way other than pressing alt plus a to get to an email attachment?  I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Madison Martin

Hi Laura,

Once you’re in the message that has the attachment (s), just shift + tab and that will take you to the attachment. Hope this helps!

Madison

Is there another way other than pressing alt plus a to get to an email attachment?  I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

JOHN RIEHL

Press insert (on the six-pack of keys, the one on the upper left of the top three keys) and a.

When you open the message. Shift tab once to the list of attachments. When you highlight the one you want, copy it with control C, then go to where you want it pasted and hit control V.

Hope this helps

Is there another way other than pressing alt plus a to get to an email attachment?  I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Laura Richardson

I opened the message.  I then pressed shift tab but had to do that several times until I heard anything about attachments …… Jaws said “attachments button, to activate press the space bar”.  I pressed the space bar and nothing happened.  I also tried pressing enter with the same result …… nothing.  Still can’t get to the attachments.

Laura

When you open the message. Shift tab once to the list of attachments. When you highlight the one you want, copy it with control C, then go to where you want it pasted and hit control V.

Hope this helps

Is there another way other than pressing alt plus a to get to an email attachment?  I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Laura Richardson

Hi Madison,

Thank you for responding.  I tried your suggestion without success.

Laura

Once you’re in the message that has the attachment (s), just shift + tab and that will take you to the attachment. Hope this helps!

Madison

Is there another way other than pressing alt plus a to get to an email attachment?  I’m using Jaws 18 and Outlook 2016.

Laura

Andrew J. LaPointe

Are you working with outlook?  I haven’t followed this but, I am using Jaws 20 along with Windows 10 and Outlook 19..  If that is what you are, hit enter to read the message, and press alt f for file, arrow down until you hear save attachments.  You will have the option to take all attachments and save them to whatever you wish.  Please let me know if that helped.  Andy and Shubert