Topics

moderated Getting to attachments/Problem solved


Laura Richardson
 

Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

      


Timothy Appleby
 

Hi Laura. You say, you have JAWS 2018, if that’s the case, you can use OCR that .

I hope this helps.particular document that is in PDF formatS

ent from Tim’s iPhone 8

On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

      


Laura Richardson
 

Hi Tim,

 

I don’t have Jaws 2018.  I have Jaws 18.

 

Laura

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Hi Laura. You say, you have JAWS 2018, if that’s the case, you can use OCR that .

 

I hope this helps.particular document that is in PDF formatS

 

ent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

      


Pastor Gilbert Pries
 

Glad you got your problem solved.

 

Pastor Gil

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 7:00 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Hi Tim,

 

I don’t have Jaws 2018.  I have Jaws 18.

 

Laura

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Hi Laura. You say, you have JAWS 2018, if that’s the case, you can use OCR that .

 

I hope this helps.particular document that is in PDF formatS

 

ent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

      


Timothy Appleby
 

Oops, my bad. I hope at some point you can get a hold of the files somehow, do you have an OCR program that would avail you of the file?

Sent from Tim’s iPhone 8

On Jul 6, 2020, at 11:00 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Hi Tim,

 

I don’t have Jaws 2018.  I have Jaws 18.

 

Laura

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Hi Laura. You say, you have JAWS 2018, if that’s the case, you can use OCR that .

 

I hope this helps.particular document that is in PDF formatS

 

ent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

      


Laura Richardson
 

I don’t know if I have an OCR program or not.  I’m very determined and will keep searching for a way to read these PDF attachments …… Surely there’s a way this can be done.  It’s getting late where I live so I think I’ll just “call it a night” at this point.

 

Laura

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 9:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Oops, my bad. I hope at some point you can get a hold of the files somehow, do you have an OCR program that would avail you of the file?

Sent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 11:00 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Hi Tim,

 

I don’t have Jaws 2018.  I have Jaws 18.

 

Laura

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Hi Laura. You say, you have JAWS 2018, if that’s the case, you can use OCR that .

 

I hope this helps.particular document that is in PDF formatS

 

ent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

      


Justin Williams
 

There are some pdf conversion programs.

 

Might be able to use them.

 

Look for them online.

One is robo braille, and there are a few others.

 

Justin

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 10:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Oops, my bad. I hope at some point you can get a hold of the files somehow, do you have an OCR program that would avail you of the file?

Sent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 11:00 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Hi Tim,

 

I don’t have Jaws 2018.  I have Jaws 18.

 

Laura

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Hi Laura. You say, you have JAWS 2018, if that’s the case, you can use OCR that .

 

I hope this helps.particular document that is in PDF formatS

 

ent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

      


Justin Williams
 

Open book also has freedom import printer.

 

Justin

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 10:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

I don’t know if I have an OCR program or not.  I’m very determined and will keep searching for a way to read these PDF attachments …… Surely there’s a way this can be done.  It’s getting late where I live so I think I’ll just “call it a night” at this point.

 

Laura

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 9:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Oops, my bad. I hope at some point you can get a hold of the files somehow, do you have an OCR program that would avail you of the file?

Sent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 11:00 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Hi Tim,

 

I don’t have Jaws 2018.  I have Jaws 18.

 

Laura

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Hi Laura. You say, you have JAWS 2018, if that’s the case, you can use OCR that .

 

I hope this helps.particular document that is in PDF formatS

 

ent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

      


 

Free & Good OCR Software for Image Scanned PDFs
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


Marty Hutchings
 

Go to Freedom Scientific’s site and download JAWS 2020 during the free trial extension through August 31st.  You will then have JAWS OCR, which will read your PDF for you.
 
Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020
 

Sent: Monday, July 06, 2020 9:47 PM
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved
 

I don’t know if I have an OCR program or not.  I’m very determined and will keep searching for a way to read these PDF attachments …… Surely there’s a way this can be done.  It’s getting late where I live so I think I’ll just “call it a night” at this point.

 

Laura

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 9:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Oops, my bad. I hope at some point you can get a hold of the files somehow, do you have an OCR program that would avail you of the file?

Sent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 11:00 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Hi Tim,

 

I don’t have Jaws 2018.  I have Jaws 18.

 

Laura

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Hi Laura. You say, you have JAWS 2018, if that’s the case, you can use OCR that .

 

I hope this helps.particular document that is in PDF formats

 

ent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

     


Marie
 

Jaws did not have a 2018 by that name. It was just called Jaws 18 and should have the OCR support.
 
Marie
 

From: Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 7:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved
 
Oops, my bad. I hope at some point you can get a hold of the files somehow, do you have an OCR program that would avail you of the file?

Sent from Tim’s iPhone 8

On Jul 6, 2020, at 11:00 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Hi Tim,

 

I don’t have Jaws 2018.  I have Jaws 18.

 

Laura

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Hi Laura. You say, you have JAWS 2018, if that’s the case, you can use OCR that .

 

I hope this helps.particular document that is in PDF formatS

 

ent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

     


Bill White
 

Hi, Marie. There is indeed a JAWS 18, and also a JAWS 2018. See the following link,

 

https://support.freedomscientific.com/Downloads/JAWS/JAWSWhatsNew?version=2018

 

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 8:09 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Jaws did not have a 2018 by that name. It was just called Jaws 18 and should have the OCR support.

 

Marie

 

From: Timothy Appleby

Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 7:28 PM

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Oops, my bad. I hope at some point you can get a hold of the files somehow, do you have an OCR program that would avail you of the file?

Sent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 11:00 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Hi Tim,

 

I don’t have Jaws 2018.  I have Jaws 18.

 

Laura

 

 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Timothy Appleby
Sent: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:31 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

 

Hi Laura. You say, you have JAWS 2018, if that’s the case, you can use OCR that .

 

I hope this helps.particular document that is in PDF formatS

 

ent from Tim’s iPhone 8


On Jul 6, 2020, at 9:59 PM, Laura Richardson <laurakr65@...> wrote:



Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue.  Your help is greatly appreciated.  It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.

 

I now can get to those attachments but I can’t read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document.  More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).

 

Laura

     


Andrew Law
 

Hi Laura, just because it is a pdf file does not make it unreadable. Yes, some pdf files are scanned documents, which need OCR, and later versions of JAWS tell you this when you open them. The other problem could be the security settings in Adobe reader, if these aren't set right, all you get when trying to read a pdf is JAWS saying blank, blank. I cant remember what the settings are called, but if this is what you are getting I will find them for you. I have also heard that Word 2019 will OCR a scanned pdf, do you have word 2019?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July 2020 12:59 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue. Your help is greatly appreciated. It is insert a, not alt a to get to attachments.



I now can get to those attachments but I can't read them because they are in PDF format and not a word document. More learning to do on my end (heavy sigh).



Laura




Privacy Disclaimer: This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.


Bill White
 

It turned out that laura's document has two file extensions. They are
xxxx.pdf.drf. Drf documents want to open with an app that renders photos.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Andrew Law
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 7:35 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

Hi Laura, just because it is a pdf file does not make it unreadable. Yes,
some pdf files are scanned documents, which need OCR, and later versions of
JAWS tell you this when you open them. The other problem could be the
security settings in Adobe reader, if these aren't set right, all you get
when trying to read a pdf is JAWS saying blank, blank. I cant remember what
the settings are called, but if this is what you are getting I will find
them for you. I have also heard that Word 2019 will OCR a scanned pdf, do
you have word 2019?


-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Laura Richardson
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July 2020 12:59 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Getting to attachments/Problem solved

Thank you to everyone for your input and suggestions with this issue. Your
help is greatly appreciated. It is insert a, not alt a to get to
attachments.



I now can get to those attachments but I can't read them because they are in
PDF format and not a word document. More learning to do on my end (heavy
sigh).



Laura




Privacy Disclaimer: This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is
intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender and erase this e-mail message immediately.