Topics

moderated Geek Uninstaller

Adrian Spratt

thanks again, Paul. I’ve changed the subject line for relevance, which I meant to do the first time. The shortcut will come in useful, and I see your point about the convenience of the program being contained in a file.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of paul lemm via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 8:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Geek Uninstaller

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the late reply, pleased the recommendation of Geek uninstaller was helpful. The program itself is a really small portable program, as such it doesn’t actually install anything on your machine, you can just run it whenever you want by just launching the exe file. this is handy, since I have a copy  of geek on a memory stick/USB drive so can run Geek directly from that  on any machine just from the USB drive. You mentioned one program you tried to delete that it only gave you the option to  upgrade that program, rather than delete it. I’ve not had that happen before, but if you ever get that again Geek uninstaller has a force removal option too. you can access this with the shortcut key ‘shift and delete’, I actually haven’t used this function before as haven’t needed it, but I think could come in  handy for those types of programs that have been created in a way to make removal difficult.

Paul Lemm

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: 01 September 2020 12:21
Subject: Re: Deleting browsing data in Google Chrome

Paul,

Thank you for this tip. I downloaded the file and experimented.

I noted in one case where I thought I’d delete a program, it offered, instead, to update it. No removal option. I went through the update process and decided not to remove for now. In another instance, it did remove an unwanted program.

Query: the Geek.exe file doesn’t create a recognized program or a desktop icon, or did I miss a step?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of paul lemm via groups.io
Sent: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 6:36 AM

Hi,

I hope this isn’t straying off topic, but Brian recommended uninstalling using Revo Uninstaller. I agree with him , whenever I uninstall anything from my PC I always use a third party uninstaller to ensure it removes all traces of the program as the windows installer often leaves behind  a lot of unneeded files. I personally use Geek uninstaller (which is free). I’ve used Revo Uninstaller in the past, and although it was accessible I found it wasn’t the easiest to navigate with a screen reader, which is why I use geek, it works well with jaws and is really simple to use, when it opens you are in an edit field where you can type the name of the program you want to uninstall or press escape for a full list of programs currently installed on your machine. I do have to confess though I haven’t used Revo Uninstaller for a long time, so it’s possible they might have improved accessibility since I last used it.

Paul Lemm

Marty Hutchings

Please share from which site did you get Geek Uninstaller?  As you know, not all download sites are created equal.

Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020

Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2020 8:26 AM
Subject: Re: Geek Uninstaller

thanks again, Paul. I’ve changed the subject line for relevance, which I meant to do the first time. The shortcut will come in useful, and I see your point about the convenience of the program being contained in a file.

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the late reply, pleased the recommendation of Geek uninstaller was helpful. The program itself is a really small portable program, as such it doesn’t actually install anything on your machine, you can just run it whenever you want by just launching the exe file. this is handy, since I have a copy  of geek on a memory stick/USB drive so can run Geek directly from that  on any machine just from the USB drive. You mentioned one program you tried to delete that it only gave you the option to  upgrade that program, rather than delete it. I’ve not had that happen before, but if you ever get that again Geek uninstaller has a force removal option too. you can access this with the shortcut key ‘shift and delete’, I actually haven’t used this function before as haven’t needed it, but I think could come in  handy for those types of programs that have been created in a way to make removal difficult.

Paul Lemm

Paul,

I noted in one case where I thought I’d delete a program, it offered, instead, to update it. No removal option. I went through the update process and decided not to remove for now. In another instance, it did remove an unwanted program.

Query: the Geek.exe file doesn’t create a recognized program or a desktop icon, or did I miss a step?

Hi,

I hope this isn’t straying off topic, but Brian recommended uninstalling using Revo Uninstaller. I agree with him , whenever I uninstall anything from my PC I always use a third party uninstaller to ensure it removes all traces of the program as the windows installer often leaves behind  a lot of unneeded files. I personally use Geek uninstaller (which is free). I’ve used Revo Uninstaller in the past, and although it was accessible I found it wasn’t the easiest to navigate with a screen reader, which is why I use geek, it works well with jaws and is really simple to use, when it opens you are in an edit field where you can type the name of the program you want to uninstall or press escape for a full list of programs currently installed on your machine. I do have to confess though I haven’t used Revo Uninstaller for a long time, so it’s possible they might have improved accessibility since I last used it.

Paul Lemm

paul lemm

Hi,

@Adrian, pleased the force removal shortcut might come in handy. Like I said I think it’s a great product which works well with screen readers. I like that at the end of uninstalling a program it lets you know if it detected any leftover program traces, then gives you the option to delete them. honestly I’ve been amazed by just how many unnecessary program traces are left behind  when you do a standard windows uninstall. Thanks for changing the subject line, sorry I should have done that in my last post.

@marty, I got my copy of geek uninstaller directly from their website which is: https://geekuninstaller.com/

Paul Lemm

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: 02 September 2020 14:52

Please share from which site did you get Geek Uninstaller?  As you know, not all download sites are created equal.

Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the late reply, pleased the recommendation of Geek uninstaller was helpful. The program itself is a really small portable program, as such it doesn’t actually install anything on your machine, you can just run it whenever you want by just launching the exe file. this is handy, since I have a copy  of geek on a memory stick/USB drive so can run Geek directly from that  on any machine just from the USB drive. You mentioned one program you tried to delete that it only gave you the option to  upgrade that program, rather than delete it. I’ve not had that happen before, but if you ever get that again Geek uninstaller has a force removal option too. you can access this with the shortcut key ‘shift and delete’, I actually haven’t used this function before as haven’t needed it, but I think could come in  handy for those types of programs that have been created in a way to make removal difficult.

Paul Lemm

Paul,

Hi,

Paul Lemm

Mike B

Here you go:

https://geekuninstaller.com/

About GeekUninstaller and its author

My name is Thomas Koen. Being a software developer I spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen. And that is why I really care about my software
tools. I'm quite picky and I have strong opinions how my tools should work. Chances are you are similar to me.

Geek Uninstaller is a simple but powerful utility. It's written using Visual C++ 2013,
TinyXML
 and
Boost.

Geek Uninstaller Pro

Pro version of GeekUninstaller is called
Uninstall Tool
 and it's developed by CrystalIDEA Software company based on my code.

“The performance of Geek Uninstaller is impressive. It uninstalls quickly and finds leftover files that anyone couldn't. Overall, the app is an impressive
maintenance tool that delivers on both performance and features. Highly recommended.”
– Lewis Leong, Softonic.
“The bottom line is that Geek Uninstaller is a nice tool that can be quite useful. Inexperienced users shouldn’t have any troubles while working with this
program, thanks to its intuitive layout and overall simplicity.”
– Ana Marculescu, Softpedia
“Geek Uninstaller is perfect for anyone who wants to make sure they leave nothing behind on their system when they uninstall a program.”
– CNET
“Geek Uninstaller is both portable and supports almost all the features anyone would expect from an uninstaller tool. Perfect for flash drives because
it's a single file that takes up very little space.”
– Lifewire
“I've gotten so sick of using several different uninstallers just to be able to manage both my 32 and 64-bit applications. Not only did they not work as
well as I would like, most of them were bloated with all kinds of unnecessary features which I did not want. Geek Uninstaller is the perfect uninstaller
for me. The UI is simple and perfect, and uninstalls are fast and accurate. I just wish I had found this sooner, as I finally got fed up with the other
free 64bit uninstall app and caved and purchased a Revo Pro license just one week ago... I like your program so much that I used it to remove Revo Pro
after I installed it, lol.”
– John J.
“I've used other uninstallers before (i.e. Revo Uninstaller and others), and your product beats them hands-down. It's so easy to use, and I've never had
a problem, as I did with Revo, with programs not populating the uninstall list. I install and uninstall software quite regularly, and GeekUninstaller has
definitely made my life easier, not to mention my PC much cleaner. Thanks again for the excellent product.”
– Mike
“I just want to say thank you very much for developing such a wonderful piece of software. I recently have used Revo Uninstaller and IObit Uninstaller,
except they weren't so pleasing to use. Revo Uninstaller wouldn't list all my programs and IObit Uninstaller got rid of too much, causing other program
conflict. So, in short...I gave up on using uninstallers period, until I downloaded GeekUninstaller. You literally have created something way better than
the competition....And I just want to say thank you for that. I have already started recommending your product to friends and family. Good job you have
done here, keep up the great work.”
– Steve D. CA
“I've tried a ton of uninstallers over the years. Geek Uninstaller is, hands down, the finest uninstaller I've ever seen. Simple, extremely effective,
easy and gets the job done. Congrats.”
– Anders Holm Lauritsen, Denmark
Languages
list of 4 items
English
Russian
German
Spanish
list end
Programs
list of 4 items
Geek Uninstaller Pro
Geek Uninstaller
Convert DMG to ISO
Extract DMG file
list end
Try Geek Uninstaller Pro

Uninstall Tool is based on the code of Geek Uninstaller.

Download
list of 2 items
Privacy Policy
© 2012-2017
Thomas Koen
list end 

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2020 6:52 AM

Love in Christ
Marty

Hi Adrian,

Paul Lemm

Paul,

Hi,

Paul Lemm