Topics

moderated Geek Uninstaller

Adrian Spratt

thanks again, Paul. I’ve changed the subject line for relevance, which I meant to do the first time. The shortcut will come in useful, and I see your point about the convenience of the program being contained in a file.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of paul lemm via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 2, 2020 8:18 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Geek Uninstaller

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the late reply, pleased the recommendation of Geek uninstaller was helpful. The program itself is a really small portable program, as such it doesn’t actually install anything on your machine, you can just run it whenever you want by just launching the exe file. this is handy, since I have a copy  of geek on a memory stick/USB drive so can run Geek directly from that  on any machine just from the USB drive. You mentioned one program you tried to delete that it only gave you the option to  upgrade that program, rather than delete it. I’ve not had that happen before, but if you ever get that again Geek uninstaller has a force removal option too. you can access this with the shortcut key ‘shift and delete’, I actually haven’t used this function before as haven’t needed it, but I think could come in  handy for those types of programs that have been created in a way to make removal difficult.

Paul Lemm