From: Douglas Richard Dexheimer
To: inthane
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:14 AM
Subject: reactivating the Webvisum pluginRe: Webvisum plugin lost

On Monday I requested an invitation from the Register page, but got no answer, and later I realized I had an email containing my username and password from the last time I got invited (earlier this year), so I'm already registered. The plugin is already deleted, as noted in earlier messages.
I went to Webvisum and found the link about downloading the plugin, then selected Install, alt+a to allow, but got a message saying "install 4 button unavailable," along with the following:

Software Installation
Install add-ons only from authors whom you trust.
Malicious software can damage your computer or violate your privacy.
You have asked to install the following item:
webvisum-0.8.xpi (Author not verified)
http://www.webvisum.com/plugin/webvisum-0.8.xpi
Install Now Cancel
After hitting Install Now, I hit Restart Firefox and landed in a list of add-ons, but there was no indication that the plugin had installed--no sound indicator, and control+f1 doesn't work in any website.
In the list of add-ons, I found a tab saying "disable button," indicating that the plugin was already enabled, but it didn't seem to work. I uninstalled Webvisum to make sure I didn't have an older copy of the plugin interfering with the update I was trying to install, then went back to the Download site and tried the procedure again but got the same result.
Might I need a new invitation from a verified author? The other day I checked the contact page and discovered the email address I sent my original message to--the first message in this thread--but never got a response so far.
I read somewhere that I needed to verify my account and/or get an activation email before being authorized to use the plugin. I went to the Register page and entered my name, email, username and password, but found a field to enter an invitation code, which I don't have. So then I went to the Request Invitation page and submitted a request for an invitation code to activate the plugin again. I got a thank you and that I would get a response soon, but I don't know how long I'll have to wait. Perhaps you could send the invite or code to me.
Thanks for your further assistance.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions