Chicago, IL 60625
773-409-6163
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@...

----- Original Message -----
To: inthane
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2011 6:14 AM
Subject: reactivating the Webvisum pluginRe: Webvisum plugin lost

On Monday I requested an invitation from the Register page, but got no answer, and later I realized I had an email containing my username and password from the last time I got invited (earlier this year), so I'm already registered. The plugin is already deleted, as noted in earlier messages.
I went to Webvisum and found the link about downloading the plugin, then selected Install, alt+a to allow, but got a message saying "install 4 button unavailable," along with the following:

Software Installation
Install add-ons only from authors whom you trust.
Malicious software can damage your computer or violate your privacy.
You have asked to install the following item:
webvisum-0.8.xpi (Author not verified)
http://www.webvisum.com/plugin/webvisum-0.8.xpi
Install Now Cancel
After hitting Install Now, I hit Restart Firefox and landed in a list of add-ons, but there was no indication that the plugin had installed--no sound indicator, and control+f1 doesn't work in any website.
In the list of add-ons, I found a tab saying "disable button," indicating that the plugin was already enabled, but it didn't seem to work. I uninstalled Webvisum to make sure I didn't have an older copy of the plugin interfering with the update I was trying to install, then went back to the Download site and tried the procedure again but got the same result.
Might I need a new invitation from a verified author? The other day I checked the contact page and discovered the email address I sent my original message to--the first message in this thread--but never got a response so far.
I read somewhere that I needed to verify my account and/or get an activation email before being authorized to use the plugin. I went to the Register page and entered my name, email, username and password, but found a field to enter an invitation code, which I don't have. So then I went to the Request Invitation page and submitted a request for an invitation code to activate the plugin again. I got a thank you and that I would get a response soon, but I don't know how long I'll have to wait. Perhaps you could send the invite or code to me.
Thanks for your further assistance.

Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Chief of Braille Productions
Born-Again Productions
The Friedman Place, Apt.308
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-409-6163
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@...
To: Douglas Richard Dexheimer
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: Webvisum plugin lost

there is a spot, pardon a link where you can fill out a "request" and get an invitation to web visum, if you remember your address and sign in password (the same ones you input into web visum so it could automatically sign in) you can go and download it again, I would use revo uninstaller to pull out the old web visum, and then reinstall a new copy.

or at worst case, contact me again and I will get you an invite since I remember both my sign in and my password

inthane
. Moderator, Blind Access Help.
. Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of an alacorn"
www.alacorncomputer.com
. proprietor: Inthane's Grab Bag
for blind computer users and Programmers!
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
To: inthane ; Adrian Spratt ; Gerald Levy ; Negoslav Sabev
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:53 AM
Subject: Fw: Webvisum plugin lost

Good morning. I'm sending this to you individuals because the JFW list seems to be down right now.
Yesterday I sent this to the Webvisum Discuss listserv and subscribed to their mailing list, but I suspect they may be very slow to respond. If I don't hear from them in a week or so, what do I do with Web sites that require verification? I could try Solona but not sure if that works with Firefox, or if it can handle captchas and images as efficiently as Webvisum. Thanks for your feedback.

Born-Again Productions
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-409-6163
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@...
To: webvisum-discuss@...
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:37 PM
Subject: Webvisum plugin lost

Hi all. Recently I've been reading some posts regarding updating to the latest version of Firefox, and that Webvisum hadn't released an update for that version. For some time I've been able to use it on my current version of Firefox 3.6. Someone suggested I download a portable version of Firefox 5 to see how it worked and whether or not Webvisum worked with it. Another post explained a work around for accessing Webvisum with Firefox 5.0, by going to the install.rdf file and changing the max number from 4 to 5. I did this and saved the change, then downloaded the portable Firefox 5, but this created an error message in Firefox 3 saying the file wasn't well-formed or something. Webvisum not only didn't work on the portable Firefox, but now it no longer works on Firefox version 3, and I also deleted the install file for Webvisum and the plugin is no longer there.
Can you suggest a way to get a new plugin for Webvisum to download again to Firefox 3? I'm already logged in, but can't find a link to download the plugin. I erroneously sent a request for an invitation but discovered that's not necessary if I know my username and password. Thanks for your assistance.

Born-Again Productions
5527 N. Maplewood Ave.
Chicago, IL 60625
773-409-6163
cell 913-244-0612
drichardd@...
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20110630/902e0303/attachment.html>