Topics

moderated FW: I Can't Read or Open Message Sent to My Google Group

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

I’m sure there may be some of you out there who belong to a Google group of some kind and who maybe have tried to read messages not in your inbox but on the page of the  group you belong to.  This is the situation with me.  I am having trouble getting messages on my group’s page even just to open.  I find where the message is.  If it is unread I hit the enter key, but instead of opening the message nothing happens and the message just remains still.  I am using the latest version of JAWS and am using Windows 10.  One of you suggested I hit insert+Z to disable turn the virtual cursor off and try from there.  I did, but it didn’t work.  If any of you out there belong to a Google group and have tried reading messages from the group’s page, can you give me some tips on how to open and how to read such messages using JAWS?

Rick Miller

Given the issues that have been going on with Google for just under 48 hours now, and affecting millions of users, you're probably one of the many hit.

Message from the Windows 10 for Screen Reader User's Group, with link to popular press article on the ongoing debacle:
Notice from head list representative: dozens of Gmail users are bouncing

           ~ André Gide