Topics

moderated Full size wireless keyboard

Robert Resnick

Hi Folks,

Looking to replace n old and faithful , but discontinued Logitech wireless keyboard with USB dongle.

Ideally looking for:

  • Full size including num pad;
  • Function keys that are full sized and not afterthought low profile keys;
  • Best possible range as I use it with wireless headphones in a different room;
  • Ideally full contour keys (not flat low-profile keys);
  • Replaceable batteries rather than USB charging;
  • Bells &
  • Whistles are happily avoided.

Thanks in advance.  Any and all suggestions welcome.

Bob

Richard Turner

The K780 is often recommended here.

You didn’t say which model is discontinued.

Richard

Looking to replace n old and faithful , but discontinued Logitech wireless keyboard with USB dongle.

Ideally looking for:

  • Full size including num pad;
  • Function keys that are full sized and not afterthought low profile keys;
  • Best possible range as I use it with wireless headphones in a different room;
  • Ideally full contour keys (not flat low-profile keys);
  • Replaceable batteries rather than USB charging;
  • Bells &
  • Whistles are happily avoided.

Thanks in advance.  Any and all suggestions welcome.

Bob

george b

Well and you did not say how makes the k 780 eather

You didn’t say which model is discontinued.

Richard

Looking to replace n old and faithful , but discontinued Logitech wireless keyboard with USB dongle.

Ideally looking for:

  • Full size including num pad;
  • Function keys that are full sized and not afterthought low profile keys;
  • Best possible range as I use it with wireless headphones in a different room;
  • Ideally full contour keys (not flat low-profile keys);
  • Replaceable batteries rather than USB charging;
  • Bells &
  • Whistles are happily avoided.

Thanks in advance.  Any and all suggestions welcome.

Bob

Richard Turner

George, you could do with an attitude adjustment, but it is by Logitech.

The same brand as he was asking about.

So, since I was answering his question, I didn’t think I needed to specify the brand as in context, all Logitech keyboards start with k that I have come across.

Richard

Well and you did not say how makes the k 780 eather

You didn’t say which model is discontinued.

Richard

Looking to replace n old and faithful , but discontinued Logitech wireless keyboard with USB dongle.

Ideally looking for:

  • Full size including num pad;
  • Function keys that are full sized and not afterthought low profile keys;
  • Best possible range as I use it with wireless headphones in a different room;
  • Ideally full contour keys (not flat low-profile keys);
  • Replaceable batteries rather than USB charging;
  • Bells &
  • Whistles are happily avoided.

Thanks in advance.  Any and all suggestions welcome.

Bob

george b

Well I aploligies, I next to never read down the email because most do not know how to keep the thread going. So sory and thanks for the answer

Well and you did not say how makes the k 780 eather

You didn’t say which model is discontinued.

Richard

Looking to replace n old and faithful , but discontinued Logitech wireless keyboard with USB dongle.

Ideally looking for:

  • Full size including num pad;
  • Function keys that are full sized and not afterthought low profile keys;
  • Best possible range as I use it with wireless headphones in a different room;
  • Ideally full contour keys (not flat low-profile keys);
  • Replaceable batteries rather than USB charging;
  • Bells &
  • Whistles are happily avoided.

Thanks in advance.  Any and all suggestions welcome.

Bob

Brian Zolo

Heythere,Bob, what wireless headset do you use?  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Brian Zolo

Looking to replace n old and faithful , but discontinued Logitech wireless keyboard with USB dongle.

Ideally looking for:

  • Full size including num pad;
  • Function keys that are full sized and not afterthought low profile keys;
  • Best possible range as I use it with wireless headphones in a different room;
  • Ideally full contour keys (not flat low-profile keys);
  • Replaceable batteries rather than USB charging;
  • Bells &
  • Whistles are happily avoided.

Thanks in advance.  Any and all suggestions welcome.

Bob

David Diamond

Robert, I use the Logitech K780.  It’s interesting you mentioned range.  That is the one thing I like about it besides it being fully functional with num pad. I’ve used it in different rooms and I would gage the distance between the keyboard and receiver is at least 20 feet. I’ve had no difficulty using it in other rooms even though the receiver is stationary. I can’t remember whether it takes AAA or AA batteries.  It also fits nicely into a back pack, when we were not doing this social distancing thing.

Tony

I have run a long USB extension cable with the wireless receiver at the end to the middle of the house and haven’t had range problems witth any of the wireless keyboards I have used for years.

The bluetooth transmitter pairs with my earing aids well outside the house.

Tony

Robert, I use the Logitech K780.  It’s interesting you mentioned range.  That is the one thing I like about it besides it being fully functional with num pad. I’ve used it in different rooms and I would gage the distance between the keyboard and receiver is at least 20 feet. I’ve had no difficulty using it in other rooms even though the receiver is stationary. I can’t remember whether it takes AAA or AA batteries.  It also fits nicely into a back pack, when we were not doing this social distancing thing.

David Diamond

Mine is set up to work with my aids as well.

Loy

I like the logitech 270, it is less expensive and it has the standard key layout, except it does not have a right windows key.

I have run a long USB extension cable with the wireless receiver at the end to the middle of the house and haven’t had range problems witth any of the wireless keyboards I have used for years.

The bluetooth transmitter pairs with my earing aids well outside the house.

Tony

Robert, I use the Logitech K780.  It’s interesting you mentioned range.  That is the one thing I like about it besides it being fully functional with num pad. I’ve used it in different rooms and I would gage the distance between the keyboard and receiver is at least 20 feet. I’ve had no difficulty using it in other rooms even though the receiver is stationary. I can’t remember whether it takes AAA or AA batteries.  It also fits nicely into a back pack, when we were not doing this social distancing thing.

Loy

I also have the K780, it is a good keyboard that is bluetooth as well as wireless. you can connect it to 3 devices. I don't like the key layout. It has the number pad, but not the regular 6pk of keys and the 3 arrow keys are smaller. It takes 2 AAA batteries.

You didn’t say which model is discontinued.

Richard

Looking to replace n old and faithful , but discontinued Logitech wireless keyboard with USB dongle.

Ideally looking for:

  • Full size including num pad;
  • Function keys that are full sized and not afterthought low profile keys;
  • Best possible range as I use it with wireless headphones in a different room;
  • Ideally full contour keys (not flat low-profile keys);
  • Replaceable batteries rather than USB charging;
  • Bells &
  • Whistles are happily avoided.

Thanks in advance.  Any and all suggestions welcome.

Bob

David Diamond

Well, I have big hands. And for me the keyboard is perfect. There are some functions that you need to get used to. But other than that I find it very useful.

[...]

tina sohl

hi. My cuz my husband currently has the Logitech k480. He loves it. I have also had this keyboard in the past and really really liked it. I currently have the iclever bk03 I believe it is. It is a Bluetooth keyboard which is a trifold. However it does not have a number pad if that's really important to you.

Tina

On Sun, May 31, 2020, 12:15 PM Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:
[...]

Neither the Logitech K480 or K380 have numberpads, but the k780 does.

Richard

I have run a long USB extension cable with the wireless receiver at the end to the middle of the house and haven’t had range problems witth any of the wireless keyboards I have used for years.

The bluetooth transmitter pairs with my earing aids well outside the house.

Tony

Robert, I use the Logitech K780.  It’s interesting you mentioned range.  That is the one thing I like about it besides it being fully functional with num pad. I’ve used it in different rooms and I would gage the distance between the keyboard and receiver is at least 20 feet. I’ve had no difficulty using it in other rooms even though the receiver is stationary. I can’t remember whether it takes AAA or AA batteries.  It also fits nicely into a back pack, when we were not doing this social distancing thing.

Gmail Jonas

I  like two

Two good ones!

I like the Logitech ones this one is bluetooth.

https://amzn.to/2xuQKyz

USB, I like the mute button!

https://amzn.to/2K0RoGO