Topics

moderated From Blind Bargains: Breaking: Settlement Brings Audio-described Content to HBO max

Richard Turner

FYI:

Breaking: Settlement Brings Audio-described Content to HBO max

J.J. Meddaugh Oct 19, 2020 11:21 AM ET

HBO Max is at long last joining the ranks of streaming services which will include audio description, thanks to a settlement announced today.

Per the agreement, the service will include at least 1,500 hours of described content by next March, and at least four times that amount by March 2023. Improvements to their website and mobile apps are also promised by September of next year.

The agreement was reached between WarnerMedia who owns HBO Max and a group of defendants
including the American Council of the Blind, the Massachusetts-based Bay State Council of the Blind, and Kim and Brian Charlson.

[Read the complete settlement .PDF)(https://acb.org/adp/docs/HBO%20Settlement%20Press%20Release_FINAL.pdf)

Richard

Live long and prosper 🖖