moderated Freedom Scientific Software Sale

Mike B.

*From:* Freedom Scientific Blog <mailto:donotreply@wordpress.com>

WordPress.com

https://store.freedomscientific.com/collections/software-for-home

https://portal.freedomscientific.com/Account/Login

https://support.freedomscientific.com/Products/UpgradeAndSMARenewal?__hstc=156602020.50f4b636aa2d85b6bb8876bac49fbefb.1625156847938.1625156847938.1625156847938.1&__hssc=156602020.3.1625156847938&__hsfp=3718144884

https://vispero.com/events/nfb2021/
<https://vispero.com/events/nfb2021/>

 page for all the details, plus learn about discounts for low vision
hardware devices and the Pearl camera. Check out Vispero’s schedule
of events and
join us at the 2021 NFB National Convention!

Elizabeth Whitaker
 | July 2, 2021 at 7:48 pm | Tags:
Freedom-Scientific-Licensing-Portal,
Freedom-Scientific-software,
Freedom-Scientific-software-updates

Richard Turner

That is an excellent question for Freedom Scientific, and I have personally never seen anyone from Freedom Scientific on this list.
I'd write Eric Damery directly:
I'd write Eric Damery directly: EDamery@Vispero.com

I wonder if the exchange rate has anything to do with the price difference?

I'm in the US, so am pretty unaware of how that works for those of you in other countries.

Since their software is international, it seems like something could be done but I suspect it is the difference in copyright laws etc.

Richard

Take Advantage of our Software Discounts by Elizabeth Whitaker

Freedom Scientific is offering a 20 percent discount on software for
customers living in the U.S. With the National Federation of the
Blind (NFB) 2021 National Convention right around the corner,
there's no better time to purchase a new software license or renew
an existing one.

Home Annual License

Receive a 20 percent discount when purchasing a new Home Annual
license of JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion. Visit the Home Annual page of
the Freedom Scientific e-store to purchase your license. You will
not need a code to receive this discount. It will be automatically
applied upon purchase.

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsto
re.freedomscientific.com%2Fcollections%2Fsoftware-for-home&amp;data=
04%7C01%7C%7Cd9844e3b4c5b4c11e41808d93ef2cf11%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435
aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637610034833893002%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8ey
JWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1
000&amp;sdata=LeTC%2BrBk0YdIq8Y7vWZUVyPfAglWjRrvWBaLWMAvxm8%3D&amp;r
eserved=0
<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fst
ore.freedomscientific.com%2Fcollections%2Fsoftware-for-home&amp;data
=04%7C01%7C%7Cd9844e3b4c5b4c11e41808d93ef2cf11%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb43
5aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637610034833893002%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8e
yJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C
1000&amp;sdata=LeTC%2BrBk0YdIq8Y7vWZUVyPfAglWjRrvWBaLWMAvxm8%3D&amp;
reserved=0>

If you already have a Home Annual license and want to renew it, log
into the Freedom Scientific Licensing Portal,

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpor
tal.freedomscientific.com%2FAccount%2FLogin&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd9
844e3b4c5b4c11e41808d93ef2cf11%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C
1%7C0%7C637610034833893002%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwM
DAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=a
OmsubKrtiYpc2ndtLP953%2F5OGIo34HqVVlGhR43dDc%3D&amp;reserved=0
[...]

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsup
port.freedomscientific.com%2FProducts%2FUpgradeAndSMARenewal%3F__hst
c%3D156602020.50f4b636aa2d85b6bb8876bac49fbefb.1625156847938.1625156
847938.1625156847938.1%26__hssc%3D156602020.3.1625156847938%26__hsfp
%3D3718144884&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd9844e3b4c5b4c11e41808d93ef2cf11
%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637610034833893002%7CU
nknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1
haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=3RcgxOM8E0MM0ELC9U%2F7tlVUAJZqE
wxgB145oJGdpis%3D&amp;reserved=0

[...]

https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvis
pero.com%2Fevents%2Fnfb2021%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd9844e3b4c5b4c1
1e41808d93ef2cf11%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C63761
0034833893002%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2
luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=W1ZqSefX%2Bvw8
PDaEt3iDtd0WBAFV7SejwoJK1s9efCk%3D&amp;reserved=0
<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvi
spero.com%2Fevents%2Fnfb2021%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd9844e3b4c5b4c
11e41808d93ef2cf11%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6376
10034833893002%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV
2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=W1ZqSefX%2Bvw
8PDaEt3iDtd0WBAFV7SejwoJK1s9efCk%3D&amp;reserved=0>

 page for all the details, plus learn about discounts for low vision
hardware devices and the Pearl camera. Check out Vispero's schedule
of events and join us at the 2021 NFB National Convention!

Elizabeth Whitaker
 | July 2, 2021 at 7:48 pm | Tags:
Freedom-Scientific-Licensing-Portal,
Freedom-Scientific-software,
Freedom-Scientific-software-updates

Edward Green

Hi James,

Ever since the convention sales have started, Sight and Sound - the UK distributor - has replicated the sale.

Unlike GW Micro, FS have never been willing to sell to international customers and require all sales to be through the relevant local dealer.

Cheers,

Ed

On 7/4/2021 9:13 AM, Marie wrote:

> [...]

If you have purchased a Pro license for JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion for
use at home, you can receive a 20 percent discount when purchasing an
upgrade and/or
SMA. Contact Customer Service at 800-444-4443 to receive this
discount. The 20 percent discount will apply to the Pro software
upgrades and SMAs for users
who want to keep their Pro licenses rather than switching to home
licenses.

Vispero NFB Event Page

Visit the
Vispero NFB Event

https://vispero.com/events/nfb2021/
<https://vispero.com/events/nfb2021/>

 page for all the details, plus learn about discounts for low vision
hardware devices and the Pearl camera. Check out Vispero’s schedule
of events and
join us at the 2021 NFB National Convention!

Morning Richard,

He doesn't post very often, but Eric Damery from FS / Vispero is a member of the list.  I don't recall his title, but he's pretty high up there.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

On 7/4/21, Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

> Eventually, the SMA option is expected to be phased out, and all JAWS
> users will be switched to the annual subscription option, which will
> be more profitable for Freedom Scientific.
>

> Gerald
>

> On 7/4/2021 9:13 AM, Marie wrote:
>>
>> If you have the SMA, why in the world would you switch to an annual
>> subscription?
>>
>> Marie
>>

>> On 7/3/2021 1:24 PM, William Vandervest wrote:
>>>
>>> If I have a SMA with no upgrades, how do I determine when it will
>>> expire, and if I purchase a Home Annual Licence, will it start
>>> immediately, or at the time my SMA expires?
>>>
>>> William Vandervest
>>>
>>> timelord09@...
>>>
>>> Win10 latest revision
>>>
>>> There are none so blind, as those who will not see.
>>>
>>> William Vandervest

Mich Verrier

Yes hear in Canada we can't get the 99 a year or what ever it is for jaws that they have on offer but to answer the question I think the reason why there sales only apply to the us is because they are a US company. And I agree jaws is expencive enough and hear in Canada the venders can charge up to 1000 for it because they know that we are a nitch market and that they have us by the balls and know it. from Mich.

> [...]

If you have purchased a Pro license for JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion for
use at home, you can receive a 20 percent discount when purchasing an
upgrade and/or
SMA. Contact Customer Service at 800-444-4443 to receive this
discount. The 20 percent discount will apply to the Pro software
upgrades and SMAs for users
who want to keep their Pro licenses rather than switching to home
licenses.

Vispero NFB Event Page

Visit the
Vispero NFB Event

https://vispero.com/events/nfb2021/
<https://vispero.com/events/nfb2021/>

page for all the details, plus learn about discounts for low vision
hardware devices and the Pearl camera. Check out Vispero’s schedule
of events and
join us at the 2021 NFB National Convention!

Thanks Mike,

Maybe after getting an email sent to him directly he will chime in on all this.

I wrote him asking about the truth of the rumor that the SMA’s will be phased out

Richard

Web site: www.turner42.com

He doesn't post very often, but Eric Damery from FS / Vispero is a member of the list.  I don't recall his title, but he's pretty high up there.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Is there a reason all of their sales seem to only apply in the US?
Jaws is already more expensive in the UK as it is.

On 7/4/21, Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

> Eventually, the SMA option is expected to be phased out, and all JAWS
> users will be switched to the annual subscription option, which will
> be more profitable for Freedom Scientific.
>

> Gerald
>

> On 7/4/2021 9:13 AM, Marie wrote:
>>
>> If you have the SMA, why in the world would you switch to an annual
>> subscription?
>>
>> Marie
>>

>> On 7/3/2021 1:24 PM, William Vandervest wrote:
>>>
>>> If I have a SMA with no upgrades, how do I determine when it will
>>> expire, and if I purchase a Home Annual Licence, will it start
>>> immediately, or at the time my SMA expires?
>>>
>>> William Vandervest
>>>
>>> timelord09@...
>>>
>>> Win10 latest revision
>>>
>>> There are none so blind, as those who will not see.
>>>
>>> William Vandervest

Gerald Levy

Eric Damery's official title is Vice President of Software Development.

Gerald

On 7/4/2021 10:53 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Thanks Mike,

Maybe after getting an email sent to him directly he will chime in on all this.

I wrote him asking about the truth of the rumor that the SMA’s will be phased out

Richard

Web site: www.turner42.com

He doesn't post very often, but Eric Damery from FS / Vispero is a member of the list.  I don't recall his title, but he's pretty high up there.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Is there a reason all of their sales seem to only apply in the US?
Jaws is already more expensive in the UK as it is.

On 7/4/21, Gerald Levy via groups.io <bwaylimited@...> wrote:

> Eventually, the SMA option is expected to be phased out, and all JAWS
> users will be switched to the annual subscription option, which will
> be more profitable for Freedom Scientific.
>

> Gerald
>

> On 7/4/2021 9:13 AM, Marie wrote:
>>
>> If you have the SMA, why in the world would you switch to an annual
>> subscription?
>>
>> Marie
>>

>> On 7/3/2021 1:24 PM, William Vandervest wrote:
>>>
>>> If I have a SMA with no upgrades, how do I determine when it will
>>> expire, and if I purchase a Home Annual Licence, will it start
>>> immediately, or at the time my SMA expires?
>>>
>>> William Vandervest
>>>
>>> timelord09@...
>>>
>>> Win10 latest revision
>>>
>>> There are none so blind, as those who will not see.
>>>
>>> William Vandervest

Mario

Erik is Vice President of Software Product Management.

<mailto:EDamery@Vispero.com>

Web site: www.turner42.com <http://www.turner42.com>

<mailto:bwaylimited=verizon.net@groups.io>> wrote:

> Eventually, the SMA option is expected to be phased out, and all JAWS
> users will be switched to the annual subscription option, which will
> be more profitable for Freedom Scientific.
>

> Gerald
>

> On 7/4/2021 9:13 AM, Marie wrote:
>>
>> If you have the SMA, why in the world would you switch to an annual
>> subscription?
>>
>> Marie
>>

>> On 7/3/2021 1:24 PM, William Vandervest wrote:
>>>
>>> If I have a SMA with no upgrades, how do I determine when it will
>>> expire, and if I purchase a Home Annual Licence, will it start
>>> immediately, or at the time my SMA expires?
>>>
>>> William Vandervest
>>>
>>> timelord09@comcast.net <mailto:timelord09@comcast.net>
>>>
>>> Win10 latest revision
>>>
>>> There are none so blind, as those who will not see.
>>>
>>> William Vandervest

David Diamond

then maybe, he can send a sale over to Canada. Great deal, only one problem it's only available in the US. Believe it or not there are the countries beside the United States in the world. Smile.

<mailto:EDamery@...>

<mailto:donotreply@...>>

> [...]
  >>> 0034833893002%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2
  >>> luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=W1ZqSefX%2Bvw8
  >>> PDaEt3iDtd0WBAFV7SejwoJK1s9efCk%3D&amp;reserved=0

<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvi
<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fvi>
  >>> spero.com%2Fevents%2Fnfb2021%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7Cd9844e3b4c5b4c
  >>> 11e41808d93ef2cf11%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6376
  >>> 10034833893002%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV
  >>> 2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=W1ZqSefX%2Bvw
  >>> 8PDaEt3iDtd0WBAFV7SejwoJK1s9efCk%3D&amp;reserved=0>
  >>>
  >>>
  >>> page for all the details, plus learn about discounts for low vision
  >>> hardware devices and the Pearl camera. Check out Vispero's schedule
  >>> of events and join us at the 2021 NFB National Convention!

Loy

I heard Erik say they hope to be able to offer the Subscription outside  the US at some point in the future.

<mailto:bwaylimited@...>> wrote:

  > Eventually, the SMA option is expected to be phased out, and all JAWS
  > users will be switched to the annual subscription option, which will
  > be more profitable for Freedom Scientific.
  >
  >
  > Gerald
  >
  >
  >
  > On 7/4/2021 9:13 AM, Marie wrote:
  >>
  >> If you have the SMA, why in the world would you switch to an annual
  >> subscription?
  >>
  >> Marie
  >>
  >>
  >> On 7/3/2021 1:24 PM, William Vandervest wrote:
  >>>
  >>> If I have a SMA with no upgrades, how do I determine when it will
  >>> expire, and if I purchase a Home Annual Licence, will it start
  >>> immediately, or at the time my SMA expires?
  >>>
  >>> William Vandervest
  >>>
  >>> timelord09@... <mailto:timelord09@...>
  >>>
  >>> Win10 latest revision
  >>>
  >>> There are none so blind, as those who will not see.
  >>>
  >>> William Vandervest

I have a 2 year SMA that I got just before the rolling out of the 2021 JAWS.  However, with a deal like this, it couldn't hurt to take advantage of it, especially when it cost $160 for 2 upgrades.

<mailto:bwaylimited@...>> wrote:

  > Eventually, the SMA option is expected to be phased out, and all JAWS
  > users will be switched to the annual subscription option, which will
  > be more profitable for Freedom Scientific.
  >
  >
  > Gerald
  >
  >
  >
  > On 7/4/2021 9:13 AM, Marie wrote:
  >>
  >> If you have the SMA, why in the world would you switch to an annual
  >> subscription?
  >>
  >> Marie
  >>
  >>
  >> On 7/3/2021 1:24 PM, William Vandervest wrote:
  >>>
  >>> If I have a SMA with no upgrades, how do I determine when it will
  >>> expire, and if I purchase a Home Annual Licence, will it start
  >>> immediately, or at the time my SMA expires?
  >>>
  >>> William Vandervest
  >>>
  >>> timelord09@... <mailto:timelord09@...>
  >>>
  >>> Win10 latest revision
  >>>
  >>> There are none so blind, as those who will not see.
  >>>
  >>> William Vandervest

Leedy Diane Bomar

 Diane Bomar

On Jul 3, 2021, at 15:10, Loy <loyrg2845@...> wrote:

> [...]

at 800-444-4443.

Pro Licenses

If you have purchased a Pro license for JAWS, ZoomText, or Fusion for use at home, you can receive a 20 percent discount when purchasing an upgrade and/or
SMA. Contact Customer Service at 800-444-4443 to receive this discount. The 20 percent discount will apply to the Pro software upgrades and SMAs for users
who want to keep their Pro licenses rather than switching to home licenses.

Vispero NFB Event Page

Visit the
Vispero NFB Event

 page for all the details, plus learn about discounts for low vision hardware devices and the Pearl camera. Check out Vispero’s schedule of events and
join us at the 2021 NFB National Convention!

AAlso, if the OS expires, such as what happened with XP, FS stops supporting operating systems past that one. I think after XP. These convention deals have saved me. Though have not raised my respect for the exploitative business that the company was built upon.

I will be getting a new SMA, though I have a year left on mine, just a safety net for when they pull the plug on offering them.t is JAWS 15 that won’t work on an OS after