When it comes to forms mode, what are your preferences for settings: manual, automatic, semi-automatic? And any particular reasons for your preference? Mine is set to automatic but I'm now wondering if there might be something better.  I'd like to hear others have to say, while I experiment.

Jaffar Sidek

Automatic for me because I am too darn lazy to do more than what is already being provided, unless I have too of course.  Cheers!

On 21/11/2020 9:57 am, Mark wrote:
When it comes to forms mode, what are your preferences for settings: manual, automatic, semi-automatic? And any particular reasons for your preference? Mine is set to automatic but I'm now wondering if there might be something better.  I'd like to hear others have to say, while I experiment.

Bill White

I use automatic out of habit, but also, because usually when I enter my home page, which is Google, I want to start at the Search Box, which is a form field, and I want it to be ready to accept input without having to press ENTER on the edit field.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 5:58 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Forms mode: your preferences

When it comes to forms mode, what are your preferences for settings: manual, automatic, semi-automatic? And any particular reasons for your preference? Mine is set to automatic but I'm now wondering if there might be something better.  I'd like to hear others have to say, while I experiment.

Mario

I have forms mode set to manual. it is just as easy to type e to navigate to an edit field and see if it's the one that's needed. I don't like the automatic setting for forms mode especially when just reviewing what's on a web page. semi automatic is ok but I still prefer manual.

When it comes to forms mode, what are your preferences for settings:
manual, automatic, semi-automatic? And any particular reasons for your
preference? Mine is set to automatic but I'm now wondering if there
might be something better.  I'd like to hear others have to say, while I
experiment.

Cohn, Jonathan

I really  dislike automatic, too many times, I have found that automatic turns off forms mode when I don't want it too. Either because I moved passed the end of what I was inputting, or because Javascript code changed something in the input area and forms mode flipped out. I usually, use semi-automatic except in places where I have overridden it with manual. The hardest part about manual forms mode is that if you let somebody else use your computer, they have the hardest time with the fact that when you click on an input field, and then type aa character it is grabbed by the Virtual Cursor and JAWS moves somewhere else.

On Nov 20, 2020, at 20:57, Mark <mweiler@...> wrote:

When it comes to forms mode, what are your preferences for settings: manual, automatic, semi-automatic? And any particular reasons for your preference? Mine is set to automatic but I'm now wondering if there might be something better.  I'd like to hear others have to say, while I experiment.

Van Lant, Robin

Like Mario, I have typically had mine on Manual for the same reasons. So many sites have search boxes and newsletter sign-up boxes and such and I want to just breeze by them without Forms mode triggering as I'm exploring. It's good every once in a while to change a setting, though, and see if my opinion on it has changed.

.

I have forms mode set to manual. it is just as easy to type e to navigate to an edit field and see if it's the one that's needed. I don't like the automatic setting for forms mode especially when just reviewing what's on a web page. semi automatic is ok but I still prefer manual.

When it comes to forms mode, what are your preferences for settings:
manual, automatic, semi-automatic? And any particular reasons for your preference? Mine is set to automatic but I'm now wondering if there might be something better. I'd like to hear others have to say, while I experiment.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.