moderated Form fields not reading correctly.

nocm@...

I'm having problems in firefox and form fields with information not
reading correctly with jaws. When arrowing right over the first character
that I entered into the form field the character does not read correctly.
If I arrow left over the character it will read correctly. The form field
also places a ghosted character at the end that echo's the first
character in the field even though the character is not at the end of the
field.

Any Ideas on how to fix?

Kevin

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. I am not having this problem with Firefox in form fields. I am
running the following versions and builds,

Microsoft Windows
Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1806)

Firefox Version 102.0

JAWS Job Access With Speech
Home Use Edition
Version 2022.2206.9

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I'm having problems in firefox and form fields with information not
reading correctly with jaws. When arrowing right over the first character
that I entered into the form field the character does not read correctly.
If I arrow left over the character it will read correctly. The form field
also places a ghosted character at the end that echo's the first
character in the field even though the character is not at the end of the
field.

Any Ideas on how to fix?

Kevin

Bill White

Hi again, Kevin. I neglected to post in my last message that I am using
Firefox with JAWS' forms mode set to Auto.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I'm having problems in firefox and form fields with information not
reading correctly with jaws. When arrowing right over the first character
that I entered into the form field the character does not read correctly.
If I arrow left over the character it will read correctly. The form field
also places a ghosted character at the end that echo's the first
character in the field even though the character is not at the end of the
field.

Any Ideas on how to fix?

Kevin

nocm@...

Hello bill,

My Windows and firefox versions are the same as is my Jaws, but the only
difference is I run forms mode set to manual.

Kevin

Kevin

On Thu, 7 Jul 2022 22:10:09 -0700 "Bill White" <billwhite92701@...>
writes:

[...]

Mike B.

Hi Kevin,

I just installed Firefox and it reads the same here for me as it does for yourself at the beginning of a line in a forms field, but I think that's because there's no blank or space at the beginning of the line and when you navigate to the left it's running into a wall so to speak.  Put a space at the beginning and Jaws will navigate normally.  I've ran into this in other instances, but can't name any off the top of my head at the moment.

As far as the end of the line, everything works normally here, no ghosted letters.  One thing to try is to make sure your screen is maximized, Windows key + up arrow, will do the trick.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.