moderated focus 40 blu braille display not connection to JAWS

betina vega

Hello, everyone:

I am having an issue connecting my Focus 40 Braille display to my
computer using the USB port.
I am using JAWS 2022. I have tried various suggestions from the
internet, but they do not work.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

Milton Ota

Is this the first time you are trying to connect the Focus display via USB?

Have you tried using other USB ports on your computer?

Are you using the supplied cable which has a USB C connector and the other end a standard USB connector.

Have you made the changes for assigning JAWS to the USB port in the Options, Braille Display settings?

We cannot help if you don't provide us as much information about your system and operating system. This is a mistake that many are making when asking questions like yours.

I am having an issue connecting my Focus 40 Braille display to my computer using the USB port.
I am using JAWS 2022. I have tried various suggestions from the internet, but they do not work.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

Life in Six Dots

Another question. Have you used the braille display with Narrator?

Paul

I am having an issue connecting my Focus 40 Braille display to my computer using the USB port.
I am using JAWS 2022. I have tried various suggestions from the internet, but they do not work.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

Mich Verrier

Hi all this is a good topic since I am going to I hope get a focus 40 in the future so this topic is interesting to me. From Mich.

Another question. Have you used the braille display with Narrator?

Paul

I am having an issue connecting my Focus 40 Braille display to my computer using the USB port.
I am using JAWS 2022. I have tried various suggestions from the internet, but they do not work.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

Ann Byrne

One thing that can interfere with the Focus display is the windows Braille driver. Under Narrator settings, locate the braille options and be sure the Windows driver is *not selected and that the Focus driver *is! Sometimes this requires a bit of tinkering. You have to choose either the windows driver or the Focus driver; and the Focus is really cranky about it.

good luck!

At 08:50 AM 11/13/2021, you wrote:
Hi all this is a good topic since I am going to I hope get a focus 40 in the future so this topic is interesting to me. From Mich.

Another question. Have you used the braille display with Narrator?

Paul

I am having an issue connecting my Focus 40 Braille display to my computer using the USB port.
I am using JAWS 2022. I have tried various suggestions from the internet, but they do not work.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

betina vega

Hello, all:

I am using the Focus blu 40, 4th generation display with windows 11,
and JAWS 2022. I have connected it using bluetooth, but this is the
first time connecting the device using the USB port. I have tried
going through the JAWS Braille menu, and following the steps to
connect via USB but nothing happens. I have tried turning the Braille
display on and off, and I do know I must have my Braille display
turned on before activating JAWS. Any help would be appreciated.Thank
you.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

On 11/12/21, betina vega <betinavega93@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, everyone:

I am having an issue connecting my Focus 40 Braille display to my
computer using the USB port.
I am using JAWS 2022. I have tried various suggestions from the
internet, but they do not work.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

Milton Ota

Hi,

Are you using JAWS 2022 with your windows 11?

Did you hear a connect sound when you connected the Focus to the computer?

Have you searched the Device Manager to see if it shows up there?

Are you using the provided cable with your Focus? The tip that goes into the Focus 4 Generation is a micro usb tip.

[...]

Hi, all:

I am using a Focus 40 display, 4th generation with JAWS 2022, and
Windows 11. I have tried connecting via bluetooth, and it works. But
If I try connecting it via USB, it does not work.

Sincerely,
Betina Vega

On 11/18/21, Milton Ota <mota1252@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Debby Hill

Hi Betina,

The email you replied to has a lot of good suggestions in it, and ultimately you might have to call Freedom Scientific. However, years ago I had a similar problem with a display, so that brings to mind two ideas:

You have probably already done this, but have you restarted the computer? Sometimes it takes that to get JAWS to recognize the braille display.

In my case it turned out that my cable was bad. As soon as I used another cable the display connected. Also, if you can I would try a different usb port.

Good luck! Take care and stay safe!

Debby

[...]

Hello Betina,

You will have to give us more information about your problem or you will not be able to get the help you are looking for.

If you don't want to or don't know what to include for information about your problem, I suggest that you contact Freedom Scientific's Tech Support for help. You can find the phone number on their website.