moderated focus 40 5th edition and jaws 2022

Juan Hernandez

Hi All,

I am trying to use my focus 40 braille display more often.  I want to use it with coding.

I was noticing when reading lines of code, there are always chracters at the very beginning of each line even when the lines are blank.  I wish when text in the editor was all the way to the left, no indention found, that it would reflect that on the braille display.  Instead we see like 3-4 characters that are unknown to me and then the code starts.  Anyone has any clues?

Can you people tell me your most optimal reading settings for using a braille display with jaws 2022?

Thanks so much in advance.

Best,

Juan

Kimber Gardner

I can't say for sure, but could those characters be your status cells?
If so, I believe there's a setting that will allow you to not show
them. But I can't remember. Someone on this list will know.

Kim

--
Kimberly

Milton Ota

Hello,

Bring up your Settings Center with JAWS Key and the number 6  on the number row.

Use CTRL + SHFT + D to load the JAWS default settings.

Tab over once and press the letter B.

Arrow down to Advance setting and press the Right-Arrow key to open the tree view.

Make sure that Placement of Status Cells are None and you change this by pressing the Spacebar.

You also may want to Arrow Down to Display Clock and Timer and open that tree view and make sure that it is turned off.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Hth

I am trying to use my focus 40 braille display more often.  I want to use it with coding.

I was noticing when reading lines of code, there are always chracters at the very beginning of each line even when the lines are blank.  I wish when text in the editor was all the way to the left, no indention found, that it would reflect that on the braille display.  Instead we see like 3-4 characters that are unknown to me and then the code starts.  Anyone has any clues?

Can you people tell me your most optimal reading settings for using a braille display with jaws 2022?

Thanks so much in advance.

Best,

Juan

Juan Hernandez

Yes thank you so much this fixed the status cells.

Is there a list of status cell and what they mean? I don’t quite understand that they are telling me.  I put them at the far right of my display for now, but I don’t know if they are important for anything?

I am trying to use my focus 40 braille display more often.  I want to use it with coding.

I was noticing when reading lines of code, there are always chracters at the very beginning of each line even when the lines are blank.  I wish when text in the editor was all the way to the left, no indention found, that it would reflect that on the braille display.  Instead we see like 3-4 characters that are unknown to me and then the code starts.  Anyone has any clues?

Can you people tell me your most optimal reading settings for using a braille display with jaws 2022?

Thanks so much in advance.

Best,

Juan

Milton Ota

Hi,

I have not seen any kind of list of the different messages one would find in the status cells.

Turning mines off, when on the desktop, removed the message DSKTP and when going through a list of messages in the Inbox of Outlook, it doesn’t show “lv” at the far left of my display.

Hope this is what you want.