Topics

moderated Firefox with JAWS

Ann Byrne

Is Firefox working nicely with JAWS2020 and/or 2021? Which version of the program do I need?

thanks,

Ann

Chris Hill

Latest version seems fine with 2021.  I assume no major problems with 2020 either, haven't been any in years.

On 10/26/2020 10:20, Ann Byrne wrote:
Is Firefox working nicely with JAWS2020 and/or 2021?  Which version of the program do I need?

thanks,

Ann

Soronel Haetir

I'm using jaws2020 with FF 81 and it's been fine. Some reason you
think it wouldn't be?

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Jim Pursley

Firefox for me is an excellent companion to Chrome browsers. One just needs to be patient once in awhile as FF sometimes leaps ahead of JAWS.

On 10/26/2020 1:59 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
I'm using jaws2020 with FF 81 and it's been fine. Some reason you
think it wouldn't be?

On 10/26/20, Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:
Latest version seems fine with 2021.  I assume no major problems with
2020 either, haven't been any in years.

On 10/26/2020 10:20, Ann Byrne wrote:
Is Firefox working nicely with JAWS2020 and/or 2021?  Which version of
the program do I need?

thanks,

Ann

JM Casey

Works fine with Jaws 2018 as well. It's pre-2018 versions that have issues with any working version of Firefox (you shouldn't be using pre-quantum firefox at all).

Unless other, very specific reasons are given, you should always just get the latest version of any web browser. Just go to the mozilla site and download it. We're at v.81, now.