moderated Firefox version 91.2 Jaws2021

O.Addison Gethers

Hi All

I have firefox version  of 91.2  ,I’m having some problem with jaws  not read some of the website right  when I press f5 key to refresh the page  it took about 2 minute for the page to opens up  so jaws is kind of slow

Addison

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

In my experience, Firefox has traditionally been slow to load very large web pages. This is why I, myself, am using Google Chrome as my primary browser. Nothing against Firefox. It’s just that each browser has its own unique set of quirks.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of O.Addison Gethers
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2021 10:14 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Firefox version 91.2 Jaws2021

Hi All

I have firefox version  of 91.2  ,I’m having some problem with jaws  not read some of the website right  when I press f5 key to refresh the page  it took about 2 minute for the page to opens up  so jaws is kind of slow

Addison

james hooper

Okay I have a question is their a major difference between google krome and say brave or Microsoft edge,  I was under the empression that they are all krome based browsers.

Sent: Sunday, September 5, 2021 10:14 AM

Hi All

Addison

Hi,

All three are Chromium-based browsers, Google Chrome included. The differences lies in branding, purpose, and features they add on top of base Chromium code – Chrome and Edge are optimized for services from Google and Microsoft, respectively.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of james hooper
Sent: Sunday, September 5, 2021 9:33 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Firefox version 91.2 Jaws2021

Okay I have a question is their a major difference between google krome and say brave or Microsoft edge,  I was under the empression that they are all krome based browsers.

Hi All

Addison

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

Not all browsers behave identically. It is certainly more than a simple question of branding. I myself often toggle between Microsoft Edge (Chromium) or Google Chrome with occasional forays into Mozilla Firefox. On my system, Firefox seems to have a problem if, for example, I bring up a list of 600 books in BARD with all of the books displayed on a single page. Google Chrome loads a bit more quickly. Microsoft Edge often generates these verbal alerts telling me that the page is still downloading. Google Chrome does not do this nor does Firefox.

In the end, it all comes down to which performance characteristics you, the user, find helpful and which ones you don’t. Since I do a lot with Google Workspace and Google Meets, Chrome is my “go to” for most (but not all) things.

Kind regards,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of james hooper
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2021 10:33 AM

Hi All

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

I will called FS tedhnidql support tomorrow morning so they can do jaws tandem to see what’s going on !!

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of james hooper
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2021 12:33 PM

Hi All

Addison