moderated finding attachments in Outlook

Cynthia Bruce

Hi All,

I am still using JAWS 2021, and I use Outlook 2016 I believe. All of a sudden, in the last couple of weeks, the insert + A shortcut doesn’t work to access attachments. I just get a message telling me there are no attachments in the document when I know they are there. Any suggestions about what might have changed?

Many thanks,

Cynthia

Van Lant, Robin

Sometimes they are embedded in the email and not where you can Shift tab to them.   Can you Shift Tab to them?  If you are in the body of the message, Shift Tab once should take you to the field where they are.  Also, try going to File, save attachments.  If nothing else, it’s a test to see if they are really there.    And, if you are hearing the attachment indication while in the inbox, but you don’t see them in the message, it could be that the attachment is some embedded graphic, such as when someone uses and image for their signature file.

I am still using JAWS 2021, and I use Outlook 2016 I believe. All of a sudden, in the last couple of weeks, the insert + A shortcut doesn’t work to access attachments. I just get a message telling me there are no attachments in the document when I know they are there. Any suggestions about what might have changed?

Many thanks,

Cynthia

KeyCorp Public

KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. prohibits the use of texts or other unapproved messaging applications for business purposes.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Cynthia Bruce

Thanks so much; I back spaced and did not find the attachment. However, I found a button that said expand header. When I clicked on that, the attachments were all of a sudden there. So, I’m not sure how that happened, but I think the issue is fixed. I have certainly had the same problem when attachments are embedded in the body of the email.

Many thanks,

Cynthia