Topics

moderated Fill in form within a PDF

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10 and Jaws2020. I need to fill in various fields in a PDF file. Is there a way to fill it in as a PDF file? I copied it to a MS word file and things get shifted. I don’t think the company I need to fill this out for will accept the form. What should I do? Thanks, Kevin

Jasmine Kotsay

Hi,
The only thing that I can suggest would be for you to ask them to send the form in a Microsoft Word file instead of a PDF file. I have done that with places before, and they were gracious enough to go ahead and send it to me that way. Otherwise, I am unsure, but I hope someone else has another answer so that I can learn as well.

On Nov 9, 2020, at 10:50 AM, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10 and Jaws2020. I need to fill in various fields in a PDF file. Is there a way to fill it in as a PDF file? I copied it to a MS word file and things get shifted. I don’t think the company I need to fill this out for will accept the form. What should I do? Thanks, Kevin

If the form is a fillable PDF, then you can fill it out in most PDF readers.  If it's not, you can't.

Even converted over into MS-Word will not make it a fillable form, per se, though it would make it possible to type things after the various labels.

If the company doesn't issue this as a fillable PDF form, I would contact them asking what they would prefer you do.  A lot of entities create what amount to printable electronic forms, meant to be printed and filled out by hand, which is no better than real paper forms.  Some are not even aware (which is a shock at this point in time) that fillable forms can be created in PDF format.  Virtually every IRS form you can download in PDF format is a fillable form that allows saving after you've filled it out.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss