moderated File explorer is upside-down

Shirley Tracy

Good evening everyone,

Suddenly, the items in file explorer are in reverse order—Beginning with Z and ending with A. I don’t like this because I’m not used to it. How can I reverse it back? I don’t know how it ended up this way.

Thank you for any help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Kevin Minor

Hi Shirley.

What version of Windows are you using? If it’s 10, I can help.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Suddenly, the items in file explorer are in reverse order—Beginning with Z and ending with A. I don’t like this because I’m not used to it. How can I reverse it back? I don’t know how it ended up this way.

Thank you for any help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Oops! I forgot to tell you that: I’m running Windows 10 and JAWS 2022.

Thanks.

Shirley Tracy

What version of Windows are you using? If it’s 10, I can help.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Suddenly, the items in file explorer are in reverse order—Beginning with Z and ending with A. I don’t like this because I’m not used to it. How can I reverse it back? I don’t know how it ended up this way.

Thank you for any help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Mario

tab to and spacebar on a name split button which should return to the list of files in reverse order.

Suddenly, the items in file explorer are in reverse order—Beginning with
Z and ending with A. I don’t like this because I’m not used to it. How
can I reverse it back? I don’t know how it ended up this way.

Thank you for any help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

.

Shirley Tracy

Thanks. It worked.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

tab to and spacebar on a name split button which should return to the

list of files in reverse order.

Suddenly, the items in file explorer are in reverse order—Beginning with

Z and ending with A. I don’t like this because I’m not used to it. How

can I reverse it back? I don’t know how it ended up this way.

Thank you for any help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

.

Shirley Tracy

Thank you again. The reverse order was driving me crazy.

Shirley Tracy

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 07:53 PM, Mario wrote:
tab to and spacebar on a name split button
-
Just a quick note should someone find themselves in the situation.  Each column in file explorer if you're using list or details view is a split button, and you can sort by any single column in either ascending or descending order.  It's the main part of the split button, not the split part, that toggles sort order back and forth

I've seen occasions where someone accidentally activated one of the other columns, say Date modified, and had no idea why their sort order in the name column looked like nothing they've ever encountered before.

If something like that does occur, just gain focus on the left half of the split button for the column on which you want your files sorted and activate it.  You may have to do that twice if the initial sort order is reversed from what you actually wanted.

    ~ William Plomer

David & his pack of dogs <myguidedogis@...>

I've seen occasions where someone accidentally activated one of the other columns, say Date modified, and had no idea why their sort order in the name column looked like nothing they've ever encountered before.  Some go through life aimlessly, have no idea where they are going most of the time and how they got there. One of my family members is like that.  She drives like that and surfs the internet the same way, creating problems for herself and having no idea what she did to create them because she did not know what she did.  .

[...]

Steve Nutt

Hi,

From the list of files, tab once to Name and press space or enter.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

Suddenly, the items in file explorer are in reverse order—Beginning with Z and ending with A. I don’t like this because I’m not used to it. How can I reverse it back? I don’t know how it ended up this way.

Thank you for any help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Thank you. A few people on the list have already answered, and it’s working fine now. But I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Shirley Tracy