Topics

moderated facebook

Don H

I have never used facebook before. How well does jaws 2021 work with facebook? do you just use the standard facebook web site or is there a version that works better with screen readers?

Ann Byrne

It works best to use
https://mbasic.facebook.com/

At 01:45 PM 12/4/2020, you wrote:
I have never used facebook before. How well does jaws 2021 work with facebook? do you just use the standard facebook web site or is there a version that works better with screen readers?

JM Casey

It depends on what sort of functionality you want with facebook.
Mbasic.facebook.com is a very neutered version of facebook with minimal use
of the features of the platform. That's actually ok with me. But it's really
up to you. The standard site is perfectly usable with screen-readers, but it
can be a bit overwhelming, with a lot of dynamic content and so on.

I have never used facebook before. How well does jaws 2021 work with
facebook? do you just use the standard facebook web site or is there a
version that works better with screen readers?

David Diamond

Some like all that fluff that you get with the regular website. I also am now using edge as my web browser to access Facebook with JAWS 21. I bounced around between Firefox and Google for a while because one would not read out info or would skip over info such as the groups I'm on. So, perhaps you could use the link provided by Anne and use Edge as your browser. It works so well now, I don't need to use another.

>I have never used facebook before. How well does jaws 2021 work with
>facebook? do you just use the standard facebook web site or is there a
>version that works better with screen readers?

Jim Weiss

Don,
I prefer to use the mobile Facebook site with JAWS and it works well.
Https://m.facebook.com
Will take you to the mobile site which works very well with JAWS. The very first link is labeled Basic Facebook and it is very stripped down. My personal preference is to stay on the mobile site just because I have been using that version for the past 8 years and I know where everything is.
HTH,

Jim Weiss
jimweiss72@icloud.com

“The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.” | National Federation of the Blind