Newsline Administrator

SC Commission for the Blind

1430 Confederate avenue

Columbia, SC 29201

Office: (803) 898-8788

Cell: (803) 908-3856

1-888-335-5951                        

www.sccb.state.sc.us

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, October 28, 2021 2:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: [External] Re: next door question

I had to leave NextDoor a couple of years ago because it became very inaccessible.  Prior to that change, it was mostly accessible.  This really sucks because it was a fun, useful and important app.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 9:06 AM
Subject: Re: next door question

Laurie, thanks, that lets me know it’s not my 2019 jaws, even with the most current it doesn’t work. I can reply to someone else’s message, but that’s all I can do. I guess they care about neighbors as long as they aren’t disabled. It really steams me, something maybe the NFB or ACB can get on. Maybe a law suit would give them inspiration. Judy & Libby

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lori Lynn
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 10:44 AM

It’s funny that this question was sent. It’s been several months since I last used the page. Back then I could find and do whatever I needed to do. This week I gave up at it completely. I’m using Windows 10 and JAWS 22.

Lori Lynn

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barbara Sheinbein
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 9:33 AM

I agree with you.  I am not sure accessibility is of much interest to them.  Sad face.

Barbara

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 10:41 PM
Subject: next door question

Am I the only one who has noticed that Next Door has become more and more inaccessible. I used to be able to go to the home page, find a link for posting a message, pick the category etc. Now none of the combo boxes work for the purposes of picking your category so it won’t go through. Going to the help section and filling out a contact form is the same thing; none of the combo boxes work to choose topics. Has anyone had any success with this, posting a message etc? Using win 10 and jaws 19. Judy & Libby