moderated [External] : Re: How to use Find feature in MS Word

Don Mauck

I know there has been a lot of comments on this thread, but I’ve a question.

A long time ago, JAWS had what I always thought was a good key. When searching you could use insert+C to read a snippet of the text with  the search result part of the snippet.

Did anyone find this as useful as I did? I don’t believe anything like that exists.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 3:50 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: [External] : Re: How to use Find feature in MS Word

On Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 04:32 PM, JM Casey wrote:

There really shouldn’t’ be any instability. We’re talking about a kind of feature that has been around for as long as word processors or text editors themselves.

-
Precisely.

Were this instability anything near to universal or common the complaints from the embedded user base of MS-Word would be many and loud.

People just don't seem to want to accept that when something "quirky" is happening for them, but for very few others, the issue is likely one that lies either with some corruption in the installed software or the end user.

Ask anyone who is a professional computer technician, and they'll agree:  Most Computer Issues Are Idiosyncratic – Not Global

--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer