moderated [External] : Re: Has Windows finally developed a screen curtain like Apple has for Voice over

Don Mauck

You can also use Insert+spacebar PrentScreen

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Thursday, October 7, 2021 4:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: [External] : Re: Has Windows finally developed a screen curtain like Apple has for Voice over

When did this first become available in JAWS?  I just discovered that it works in JAWS 2019.

On 10/7/2021 6:39 AM, Sameer wrote:

Dear Turab,

You can use the "Screenshade" feature in JAWS to prevent others from
looking over your shoulder when you type sensitive details. The
Screenshade can be turned on or off with the keystroke, JAWS key +
Spacebar, followed by F11. This keystroke is a toggle keystroke.

Regards
Sameer Latey

On 07-10-2021 04:56 pm, Steve Nutt wrote:
No, and I'm glad of it too.

The trouble with screen curtains is if your device crashes and the
screen doesn't come on, you can't get sighted help.

All the best

Steve

ACWV5N9M2RV99hQ!dfoGsNbtxplDqN_x_fiLEpkcEuycbkl4MoaYEi3zsypPz074OAWpU
O-Y59SMW7w$

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@comproom.co.uk
W:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.comproom.co.uk__;!!ACWV5N9M2R
V99hQ!dfoGsNbtxplDqN_x_fiLEpkcEuycbkl4MoaYEi3zsypPz074OAWpUO-YbB06Yfo
$