moderated Export/import in Outlook2016

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Outlook2016 and Jaws2021. As some of you know I had been dealing with Outlook problems going from my old laptop to the new one. I have 5 email addresses. When I exported from Outlook on the old laptop it creates what is called outlook data file. I then imported this file to Outlook on my new laptop. Now when I’m in the default email address and go to the calendar using control 2, I’m put into a calendar under a different email address. Now the calendar under this email didn’t have anything in it. When I move to the outlook data file, (I can move to it by bringing up the list of folders), press control 2, The calendar that shows up will have all appointments that were on the calendar for the default email address. I talked with Microsoft Accessibility and was told I will always have to go to the outlook data file calendar and there is no calendar under my default email address. Has any heard of this happening? Is this the way to move Outlook data from one laptop to another? Any thoughts of how I can move the calendar from the outlook data file to the default email address? Can I even create a calendar under the default email address? This really seems odd. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin

Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@...>

What you are experiencing is, the default pst or outlook catalogue file is set to another. if you know where your calendar is stored in which file, you can set that as default. After you do that, everytime you open calendar ctrl - 2, it will be showing that from that pst file.

go to the control panel of your windows, then find mail (microsoft outlook)
then tab to data file and hit space on it.
then you will be in a list of pst files. Do you have multiple on it?
if you have, make sure the one which you want is set as default calendar is selected for that pst file.

if you have multiple outlook profiles, then, it's another whole layer of different issues.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan