moderated Excel Slowing Down Editing Formulas

Randy Meyer

When I hit F2 to edit a formula or cell in Excel, everything slows down. It
takes a second to read a character when pressing left or right arrow. This
is making editing in Excel extremely frustrating. I am using the latest
version of JAWS and office 365 downloaded to my computer.

Does anyone have any suggestion on an Excel setting or JAWS setting I should
change?

Randy Meyer

Chris Hill

Hello.

What happens if you just start typing in the cell, only necessary to hit f2 to edit current cell contents.  About all I can suggest is make sure excel is maximized, and if it has been an age since you've done so, you might want to restart.

On 7/9/2021 14:29, Randy Meyer wrote:
When I hit F2 to edit a formula or cell in Excel, everything slows down. It
takes a second to read a character when pressing left or right arrow. This
is making editing in Excel extremely frustrating. I am using the latest
version of JAWS and office 365 downloaded to my computer.

Does anyone have any suggestion on an Excel setting or JAWS setting I should
change?

Randy Meyer

Mario

when I experienced this about 6 months ago, for some reason (because I recalled a note), I pressed alt+dash which opened a context menu like when one presses alt+space bar, then arrowed to and entered on maximize. doing so also cleared up navigation and editing sluggishness issues.

I think in Excel, there are two windows to maximize, the main window and the working area.

What happens if you just start typing in the cell, only necessary to hit
f2 to edit current cell contents.  About all I can suggest is make sure
excel is maximized, and if it has been an age since you've done so, you
might want to restart.

On 7/9/2021 14:29, Randy Meyer wrote:
When I hit F2 to edit a formula or cell in Excel, everything slows
down.  It
takes a second to read a character when pressing left or right arrow.
This
is making editing in Excel extremely frustrating.  I am using the latest
version of JAWS and office 365 downloaded to my computer.

Does anyone have any suggestion on an Excel setting or JAWS setting I
should
change?

Randy Meyer

.

Van Lant, Robin

Like Mario, I see this sluggishness a fair amount. I'm in Excel all day long and do find it helps to close and even to sign out of Windows to clear it. I know my screen is maximized, as is the child window, but I will try Randy's suggestion.

When I hit F2 to edit a formula or cell in Excel, everything slows down. It takes a second to read a character when pressing left or right arrow. This is making editing in Excel extremely frustrating. I am using the latest version of JAWS and office 365 downloaded to my computer.

Does anyone have any suggestion on an Excel setting or JAWS setting I should change?

Randy Meyer

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.