moderated Excel for dummies help

Morey Worthington

Evening all.

Using  Excel 2007, Jaws 2022, Windows 10.

I go into excel document, go into cell, and want to edit a certain letter in that cell.

I press the f2 key and it say edit.

All is good.

 I press the home key to get to front of text and using the number pad it says...what ever key is there.

Now the issue. How in the heck do I get to the letter I want to change??

I press the f6 key to go next letter and nothing happens. So, how do I get to whatever letter I want to change, edit, and then edit it??

I am really lost on this one.

Remember, Excel for dummies.

Thanks.

What  I am after is what keystrokes to move aroung in edit field, and if done, press the escape key to get out of it or????

Thanks

--
Morey Worthington

Morey Worthington

Let me change word in my message, I press the numberpad 6 key, not the F6 key to get to next letter.

Sorry

--
Morey Worthington

Howard Traxler

The left and right arrow keys should move you around in the text box; just like in a text editor.  When finished, press enter.  The text box will close and you'll be put down to the next row in the same column.

Howard

On 1/15/2022 7:44 PM, Morey Worthington wrote:
Evening all.

Using  Excel 2007, Jaws 2022, Windows 10.

I go into excel document, go into cell, and want to edit a certain letter in that cell.

I press the f2 key and it say edit.

All is good.

 I press the home key to get to front of text and using the number pad it says...what ever key is there.

Now the issue. How in the heck do I get to the letter I want to change??

I press the f6 key to go next letter and nothing happens. So, how do I get to whatever letter I want to change, edit, and then edit it??

I am really lost on this one.

Remember, Excel for dummies.

Thanks.

What  I am after is what keystrokes to move aroung in edit field, and if done, press the escape key to get out of it or????

Thanks

Morey Worthington

Hi howard.

I opened the cell using the f2 key and again it says edit.

Using the left or right arrow keys does nothing.

 If i press the home key, then press the number 5 key it says the first letter but if I press the number 6 key to go to next letter....nothing.

Any other thoughts.

A while back there was a tip about going into options, into advanced andturn off allow editing in cells which I did do.

Should I then go back into settings and make it allow changes?

HTH

--
Morey Worthington

Howard Traxler

The real editing keys should work: left, right, home, end, etc. I've had your same problem sometimes; my solution has been to reload my screen reader.  Beyond that, I'm afraid I can't help.  Sorry.

Howard

On 1/15/2022 8:19 PM, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi howard.

I opened the cell using the f2 key and again it says edit.

Using the left or right arrow keys does nothing.

 If i press the home key, then press the number 5 key it says the first letter but if I press the number 6 key to go to next letter....nothing.

Any other thoughts.

A while back there was a tip about going into options, into advanced andturn off allow editing in cells which I did do.

Should I then go back into settings and make it allow changes?

HTH

Morey Worthington

Thanks for that little bit of info, will try that, and Thanks for responding

--
Morey Worthington

Mario

Morey, when I had that kind of problem, I maximized the window by pressing alt+spacebar and then x, or another way is to press Windows+up arrow. I also found that pressing alt+dash maximized, I think it's called, the working area or something similar. give it a try and do write back if these keystrokes helped or not.