Topics

Excel and insert+enter or insert+delete?

Chris Hill

Should these work in any spreadsheet with numbers or do you have to set something up first to make them work?

I'm running Jaws 19 with office 365, and these combinations don't seem to do anything.

Thanks.

Van Lant, Robin

I just tried these for the first time in a spreadsheet I have. It sounds like JAWS looks for a "SUM" formula in the row or column you are in. I did not do anything to set this up, since I didn’t' even know about these keyboard shortcuts before today. When I did the command in a column with no totals cell, JAWS said "I cannot find a Sum formula in the current column". Nice feature to know aobut.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: Thursday, December 6, 2018 6:44 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Excel and insert+enter or insert+delete?

Should these work in any spreadsheet with numbers or do you have to set something up first to make them work?

I'm running Jaws 19 with office 365, and these combinations don't seem to do anything.

Thanks.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the
SUBJECT line.

Chris Hill

Interesting that it teells you something if it doesn't work.  I don't hear a thing.  Oh well, at least I now know how it is supposed to work.

On 12/7/2018 11:03, Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io wrote:
I just tried these for the first time in a spreadsheet I have. It sounds like JAWS looks for a "SUM" formula in the row or column you are in. I did not do anything to set this up, since I didn’t' even know about these keyboard shortcuts before today. When I did the command in a column with no totals cell, JAWS said "I cannot find a Sum formula in the current column". Nice feature to know aobut.

Thanks.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
SUBJECT line.

Van Lant, Robin

I still have tutor messages going in JAWS. If you have those turned off, as I will soon, maybe you wouldn't hear anything.

Sent: Friday, December 7, 2018 3:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Excel and insert+enter or insert+delete?

Interesting that it teells you something if it doesn't work.  I don't hear a thing.  Oh well, at least I now know how it is supposed to work.

Thanks.

SUBJECT line.

Ann Byrne

It depends on the version of JAWS. With JAWS 2018 if I press insert+numpad3, when a group of cells is selected, JAWS reads average, count, and sum of the numbers. With JAWS 2019JAWS sometimes reads count and sometimes average, but never all three. These are items that can be displayed on the status bar, and insert+numpad3 is supposed to read the checked items on the status bar.

To check an item on the status bar press f6 a couple of times to get to the status bar, then use the applications menu to check the items you want to read. If they are not checked, JAWS doesn't read them. And in 2019 sometimes it doesn't read them anyway. Boooohoooo!

At 04:42 PM 12/7/2018, you wrote:
Interesting that it teells you something if it doesn't work. I don't hear a thing. Oh well, at least I now know how it is supposed to work.

Thanks.

SUBJECT line.