Topics

moderated Excel 2007

Mark Arnold ABG

List,

I have a new Lenovo laptop that I installed an older version of Microsoft Office 2007 Classic.  I am currently running JFW 2021.  When trying to use Excel, JAWS does not read cell contents or it will simply read one specific cell.  As I navigate to other cells, JAWS will not read them.  A sighted user informed me that they can see that I am indeed moving to different cells but JAWS does not read them.  Hope all of that rambling made sense…  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Milton Ota

Hi,

My suggestion to you is to upgrade your Office Suite to either Microsoft 365 or Office 2019. Best thing is to follow some of the discussion on this list for the differences.

JAWS 2021 in its final release last week is optomised for either the Office Suite 2019 or Microsoft 365.

Also, hopefully you are running Windows 10.

I have a new Lenovo laptop that I installed an older version of Microsoft Office 2007 Classic.  I am currently running JFW 2021.  When trying to use Excel, JAWS does not read cell contents or it will simply read one specific cell.  As I navigate to other cells, JAWS will not read them.  A sighted user informed me that they can see that I am indeed moving to different cells but JAWS does not read them.  Hope all of that rambling made sense…  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Cohn, Jonathan

The other option is to try JAWS 18, or JAWS 19 as these versions of JAWS were written more closely to the date of the version of Excel you want to use. There have been significant changes to Outlook products to improve security and prevent rogue scripts from effecting your system, however this means that JAWS had to completely revanp their way they talk to Outlook products in the last few years.

The problem with going back to Jaws 18 or Jaws 2018 is that if he has a relatively new version of Windows 10 there could be other issues. The advice to upgrade Office is really the best here, Office 2010 has been long unsupported let alone Office 2007.