moderated Error message cannot load braille driver, however ther is no display attached

Tony Sohl

Hi my wife has an hp laptop computer and we do not have the braille display added at all. We had th NLS e-reader connected at one time and we have checked all tje makrs to make sure the braille display is not added and it's beern removed.

We are still getting an error message teling us cannot load Braille driver. What can we do to stop this error mesage from coming up?

On mhy laptop it does not give me this error message and I also have an hp laptop. I looked at all my dsettings at set her laptop up to mimic my settings and we are still getting the error.

What else can we try?

Milton Ota

Hi,

Bring up the JAWS Options and open that menu.

Press the letter L; then

Tab to the checkbox that says " Load Braille Error".

Press the Spacebar to uncheck the checkbox.

Hi my wife has an hp laptop computer and we do not have the braille display
added at all. We had th NLS e-reader connected at one time and we have
checked all tje makrs to make sure the braille display is not added and it's
beern removed.

We are still getting an error message teling us cannot load Braille driver.
What can we do to stop this error mesage from coming up?

On mhy laptop it does not give me this error message and I also have an hp
laptop. I looked at all my dsettings at set her laptop up to mimic my
settings and we are still getting the error.

What else can we try?

Tony Sohl

Hi we found the option and that finxced the problem. Now if we wnat to hook up abraille display will we have to go and check the braille error box, or will JAWS know that a braille display h asbeen attached?

tina sohl

Hi Milton and thank you.  That took care of it. I wish you could just plug and play though, that I could just plug in my portable display when I want braille access  on my laptop and have it just work, but I guess  jaws doesn’t work that way so it won’t happen.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Hi my wife has an hp laptop computer and we do not have the braille

display added at all. We had th NLS e-reader connected at one time and

we have checked all tje makrs to make sure the braille display is not

added and it's beern removed.

We are still getting an error message teling us cannot load Braille

driver. What can we do to stop this error mesage from coming up?

On mhy laptop it does not give me this error message and I also have an

hp laptop. I looked at all my dsettings at set her laptop up to mimic

my settings and we are still getting the error.

What else can we try?

Debby Hill

Hi Tina and Tony,

That check box only controls whether or not you hear the message that the
braille drivers can not be loaded. If you have already added braille
displays to JAWS, and you decide to plug one of them in, sometimes JAWS will
recognize it right away, and you will get braille. However, if JAWS doesn't
then usually all you have to do is unload JAWS and reload it.

Take care and stay safe!

Debby

Hi we found the option and that finxced the problem. Now if we wnat to hook
up abraille display will we have to go and check the braille error box, or
will JAWS know that a braille display h asbeen attached?

tina sohl

Thank you. That sounds easy.

--
More than comfort we need the king. More than gifts we need the giver.
We need the healer. Casting Crowns