moderated email service issue

Madison Martin

Hi all,
Does anyone know of any email services (if that's even the right word for them,
sorry if it's not) that don't filter messages at all? The reason that I ask is
because I had a gmail account (I actually still have it but I don't use it
anymore) but I stopped using it because I found out how much gmail filters
messages and this annoyed me. I switched back to an account with my ISP, but now
I'm having all kinds of problems with their filtering marking messages that
aren't spam as spam which means that I don't recieve them and now I'm constantly
worrying about whether or not I'll get a message or not and also about what
messages I'm not getting because of their filtering. There are newsletters that
I've signed up for that I'm pretty sure are being marked as spam and so therefor
I'm not getting them, I've added these addresses to my safe senders' list on my
ISP's webmail preferences but this has not solved my problem. They're not going
to my junk folder, I'm just plain not getting them, but I know I'm subscribed
because after I'd enter on the subscribe button a message saying that I was
subscribed, thanking me for subscribing etc. would pop up on my screen. When I
was subscribed to these newsletters with my gmail address they'd come through
just fine, but I really want to have all of my emails being sent to one address,
I really don't want to have to have to be checking multiple addresses all the
time. The reason I changed addresses is because I asked my ISP and they told me
that they don't filter to the same extent that gmail does. I totally get that
they need and want to protect people from spam and such, but when you're not
receiving all emails sent to you because they're thought to be spam when they're
not then that's no good either. I've asked them and they say that they can't
turn off the filters (if I have to deal with spam then I really don't care if it
means that it prevents other emails from being marked as spam and therefor I get
them which is all I really want) and I haven't gotten any response from them
when I've asked them to look into emails that aren't spam but are being marked
as such by their filters. I asked them and they told me that the spam filters
can't be modified, so they can't just set my filters to none. This is really
frustrating and worrying me and I'm really not sure what else to do so that's
why I'm asking about this. If anyone is wondering I use the latest versions of
Jaws, Office 365 (as I use Outlook to access my emails) and Windows 10 pro and I
don't have any rules or filters set up in Outlook. Really hope someone has a
suggestion, as I really want to do something about this as it's driving me nuts,
please don't tell me to just unsubscribe from the newsletters. Sorry for such a
long message, any help/suggestions will be very much appreciated!!!! Thanks
Madison

Van Lant, Robin

Madison,
I have a free Outlook.com address for personal email It filters a tiny bit, but it generally seems pretty accurate at sending true spam to the junk filter. I only access my email through Outlook 2016 and via the native app on my iPhone, Sometimes a message will show in my inbox on the iphone, but when I open my inbox in Outlook on my laptop, the message will move to Junk; I think because I have marked that sender as Junk from within Outlook 2016. I thought most of these services had ways you can set your filtering level on the web; I don't seem to miss any message.

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Madison Martin

Okay, so how do I set up an Outlook.com account?

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: October 25, 2021 3:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: email service issue

Madison,
I have a free Outlook.com address for personal email It filters a tiny bit, but it generally seems pretty accurate at sending true spam to the junk filter. I only access my email through Outlook 2016 and via the native app on my iPhone, Sometimes a message will show in my inbox on the iphone, but when I open my inbox in Outlook on my laptop, the message will move to Junk; I think because I have marked that sender as Junk from within Outlook 2016. I thought most of these services had ways you can set your filtering level on the web; I don't seem to miss any message.

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: October 25, 2021 1:09 PM

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io

Madison,

KeyCorp Public

Maria Reyes

I actually just switched to an Outlook.com address but still have my gmail in case I want to switch back. but Outlook on the phone has push so you don't have to keep refreshing.

On Oct 26, 2021, at 12:39 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@live.ca> wrote:

https://www.lifewire.com/create-new-outlook-email-1170658

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: October 25, 2021 1:09 PM

Madison,

KeyCorp Public

John Covici

Why don't you set up a domain and use startmail, fastmail or any of a
number of providers? Its not free, but you get what you want and you
can change providers without changing your Email address.

On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:09:29 -0400,
Madison Martin wrote:

Madison,

KeyCorp Public

--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

David Ingram

How would i go about to setup a domain name?  I'm thinking about a website but who can create the website for me.

Sent: Oct 26, 2021 12:37 AM
To:

Madison Martin wrote:

From: main@jfw.groups.io On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io

Madison,

KeyCorp Public

--
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

John Covici

You can set up a domain name quite easily by using one of the many
registrars. The one I like is www.nearlyfreespeech.net . Its quite
privacy oriented, does not cost very much to register a domain and the
message boards are quite nice. That does not create a website. There
are many places you can do that, such as wordpress.com which is
supposed to be pretty accessible.

On Tue, 26 Oct 2021 01:54:07 -0400,
David Ingram wrote:

How would i go about to setup a domain name?  I'm thinking about a website but who can create the website for me.
To:

Madison Martin wrote:

Madison,

KeyCorp Public

--
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

--
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

It all depends on what you want your website to do, is it an informational website or are you selling product?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Ingram
Sent: October 25, 2021 10:54 PM

To:

Why don't you set up a domain and use startmail, fastmail or any of a number of providers? Its not free, but you get what you want and you can change providers without changing your Email address.

Madison Martin wrote:

Madison,

KeyCorp Public

--
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

You can set up an Outlook.com account which is entirely free and which also will never change. I have had the sieghard@live.ca email address I use for this list and others for I think 12 or 13 years now and all I ever did was set it up back then.
The same of course goes for Gmail addresses, you decide if you want to go with Google or Microsoft, I prefer Microsoft's Exchange Active Sync protocol over IMAP, but I think her initial issue had to do with messages getting filtered out by Google and Microsoft will do this as well and it's up to you to tweak the SPAM/Junk Mail settings so that hopefully legitimate messages won't get filtered. I still check my Junk Mail folder in Outlook daily and if I find the odd message which should not be in there I mark it as not junk which moves it back to the Inbox and hopefully avoids the issue down the road. Similarly if I have junk mail in my Inbox I block the sender and for me this works great, but it may take a bit of time.
I think a custom domain is not for the majority of people, if you want to set up a domain for your family, for a small business or even just yourself and you want to administer it and have the know-how that is one thing, but I would not recommend it to most users simply because there is little reason why one should pay $50 or $100 a year for something which isn't really necessary.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Covici
Sent: October 25, 2021 10:38 PM

Why don't you set up a domain and use startmail, fastmail or any of a number of providers? Its not free, but you get what you want and you can change providers without changing your Email address.

Madison Martin wrote:

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant,
Robin via groups.io

Madison,

KeyCorp Public

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association ("KeyBank N.A."). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

--
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com