From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: May 13, 2021 8:07 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: eMail Server

Hi,

My ISP will soon be discontinuing eMail service, and although I think that is a mistake on their part, because my eMail account has been the only thing tying me to them, I'm never the less going to have to get a new eMail provider, probably Outlook.com.

But before I definitely go that route, I want to know how someone gets an eMail address like first@..., or another extension.

Hoping I can do this fairly easily.

Glenn

Glenn / Lenny

A friend of mine has that, but he is not computer savvy enough to do it himself, so he is probably paying someone to do it.
Where is a good place to find out if a domain is available?

You buy the lastname.net domain, pay someone to host that domain, and hope they allow you to set up email. Or you become skilled at server maintenance and host it yourself. Yes, either is doable with JAWS.

My ISP will soon be discontinuing eMail service, and although I think that is a mistake on their part, because my eMail account has been the only thing tying me to them, I'm never the less going to have to get a new eMail provider, probably Outlook.com.

But before I definitely go that route, I want to know how someone gets an eMail address like first@..., or another extension.

Hoping I can do this fairly easily.

Glenn

Jim Fettgather

May I say that I have been using

www.arbordomains.com

for 20 years, to register domains.

It is very Jaws friendly and you can check the availability of any domain name you wish, takes about 30 seconds.

Thanks.

A friend of mine has that, but he is not computer savvy enough to do it himself, so he is probably paying someone to do it.

Where is a good place to find out if a domain is available?

You buy the lastname.net domain, pay someone to host that domain, and hope they allow you to set up email. Or you become skilled at server maintenance and host it yourself. Yes, either is doable with JAWS.

My ISP will soon be discontinuing eMail service, and although I think that is a mistake on their part, because my eMail account has been the only thing tying me to them, I'm never the less going to have to get a new eMail provider, probably Outlook.com.

But before I definitely go that route, I want to know how someone gets an eMail address like first@..., or another extension.

Hoping I can do this fairly easily.

Glenn

kylee@...

Hi there

James is right, but you would have to go into the control panel of your web host (hopefully CPanel) and first set up your email from there. Once born, your email account would then need to be set up in your email client, such as MS Outlook or Thunderbird.

HTH

Kylee

My ISP will soon be discontinuing eMail service, and although I think that is a mistake on their part, because my eMail account has been the only thing tying me to them, I'm never the less going to have to get a new eMail provider, probably Outlook.com.

But before I definitely go that route, I want to know how someone gets an eMail address like first@..., or another extension.

Hoping I can do this fairly easily.

Glenn

James Homuth

I use misk.com for my domain needs personally. The site’s useable without issue.