From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 4:01 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: email client question

Hi all,
I got to wondering, what are the differences and similarities between
Outlook and Thunderbird in terms of keystrokes, using them with Jaws etc.? I
know the big one, that Thunderbird is free and Outlook isn't. I currently
use Office 365, but I've heard people talking about Thunderbird and so I got
curious. If it's pretty similar and if there wouldn't be much of a learning
curve then I might think about trying it especially if it would solve the
issue with my Outlook.com account. Using latest versions of Jaws and
Windows 10. Look forward to any info that anyone can provide me!! Thanks
Madison

Bill White

Hi, Ken. Madison knows she has Outlook. It's not working properly for her,
so she's contemplating the differences between Thunderbird and Outlook.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

If you have Office365 then you already have Outlook!
HTH,
Ken

I got to wondering, what are the differences and similarities between
Outlook and Thunderbird in terms of keystrokes, using them with Jaws etc.? I
know the big one, that Thunderbird is free and Outlook isn't. I currently
use Office 365, but I've heard people talking about Thunderbird and so I got
curious. If it's pretty similar and if there wouldn't be much of a learning
curve then I might think about trying it especially if it would solve the
issue with my Outlook.com account. Using latest versions of Jaws and
Windows 10. Look forward to any info that anyone can provide me!! Thanks
Madison

bushyx008@...

Hi,
If Madison uses an Outlook.com account and hopes things will improve under Thunderbird then she may be disappointed.

Outlook 2013,using outlook.com, gave me many problems so I changed the email client to Thunderbird but this was not without its problems either.

Currently,groups.io is returning all my outlook.com based messages sent to the two lists which use groups.io and has been doing so for the past month or more. The messages are returned as undeliverable.

I have had to switch to a different email account while using Thunderbird

Now I am having a problem unsubscribing from the listsbecause of the problem with Outlook.com and groups.io.

Anyone got an address for groups.io where it will be possible to unsubscribe?

Thanks
Tom

On 23/12/2021 12:04 pm, Bill White wrote:
[...]

Joseph Hudson

Hello Tom, if you go to the groups.io website, and login to the website, and then go and find the group that you want, and click on manage subscription. There is a button that says leave group. Perhaps that would possibly be easier for you. If you need more instructions on working the website please feel free to reach out.

On Dec 22, 2021, at 11:03 PM, bushyx008@... wrote:

[...]

Ken Chernack

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Why not use your ISP's domain email service?

MS Outlook is pretty solid as an email client, and so well integrated with
the other MS Office suite, why not just avoid problems and use the full
suite of MS products?

Ken

If you have Office365 then you already have Outlook!
HTH,
Ken

I got to wondering, what are the differences and similarities between
Outlook and Thunderbird in terms of keystrokes, using them with Jaws etc.? I
know the big one, that Thunderbird is free and Outlook isn't. I currently
use Office 365, but I've heard people talking about Thunderbird and so I got
curious. If it's pretty similar and if there wouldn't be much of a learning
curve then I might think about trying it especially if it would solve the
issue with my Outlook.com account. Using latest versions of Jaws and
Windows 10. Look forward to any info that anyone can provide me!! Thanks
Madison

Madison Martin

Because my ISP filters too much and I'm tired of things being marked as junk
when they aren't and worrying about whether or not a message will get blocked or
whether or not a message came through.

On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 12:09 AM, <bushyx008@...> wrote:
Currently,groups.io is returning all my outlook.com based messages sent to the two lists which use groups.io and has been doing so for the past month or more. The messages are returned as undeliverable.
-
Then this is a time to open a support ticket with groups.io (support@groups.io) to determine what's going on.  There is no policy of Groups.io that I know of to bounce messages originating from outlook.com (I presume we're talking about a sender that is XXX@...) and there's no reason that a groups.io mailing address being used by a subscribed outlook.com address should bounce.

It's usually the other way around, and many email service providers mark groups.io messages as spam when they cannot be spam, since the only way you get any messages from groups.io is if you've subscribed.  They're not unsolicited so, not spam.

Forward one of your bounced messages to groups.io support and ask them to have a look.

Madison Martin

Okay, this is very interesting as trying to send messages to groups.io groups is often when I’ve gotten locked out of my account. Maybe I should log back in to my outlook.com account and try and get this figured out. My email service provider is one that marks groups.io messages as junk and I’m very tired of marking them as not junk and still having the same problem. I’m glad to know that I’m not the only person who has issues with their outlook.com account.

[...]

Just so it's on record, I have opened an issue with Groups.io.

I actually believe that what's being seen with those bounce messages is the result of a specific setting the group owner has on where if you try to send any message after you've subscribed and replied to the confirm message, but where they have not yet approved your membership, results in a bounce.  And that bounce message makes it appear as though the groups.io address you're sending to does not exist, but it does.

I did some testing earlier with an outlook address with a testing group and got bounce messages back after having confirmed my subscription up until I approved that outlook address used for group membership.  Most groups are not set up to require approval of group membership (though they can be); you most often have automatic membership acceptance upon subscribing and your first message is held until the group owner or moderator approves it.

If this turns out to be the case for the groups issuing those bounce messages, I'll let everyone know once I have an answer back from Groups.io support.  I suspect it will be, and it has nothing to do with whether outlook.com is the domain from which the requests come or not.

Van Lant, Robin

And could there be a setting by the owner where  you can only send a certain number of message to a given group in a day?  I have a group where that is the expected group rule, but I don’t know if it’s an actual setting that can be adjusted by the owner.

[...]

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

On Fri, Dec 24, 2021 at 11:35 AM, Van Lant, Robin wrote:
And could there be a setting by the owner where  you can only send a certain number of message to a given group in a day?
-
Not that I can find.

Groups.io, like most other services, does have behind the scenes "flooding control" where if there is a sudden, massive influx of messages from a single address those will get blocked, but none of the Spam Control options open to a group owner allow you to set a limit on the number of messages per member per day.

bushyx008@...

Thanks for the info Joseph.

I did have the details previously but somehow they disappeared. This time I'll back them up to another drive.

Cheers
Tom

Hello Tom, if you go to the groups.io <http://groups.io> website, and

On Dec 22, 2021, at 11:03 PM, bushyx008@optusnet.com.au <mailto:bushyx008@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
Hi, If Madison uses anOutlook.com <http://outlook.com/>account and
hopes things will improve under Thunderbird then she may be
disappointed.
Outlook 2013,usingoutlook.com <http://outlook.com/>, gave me many problems so I changed the email client to Thunderbird but this was
not without its problems either.
Currently,groups.io <http://groups.io/>is returning all
myoutlook.com <http://outlook.com/>based messages sent to the two
lists which usegroups.io <http://groups.io/>and has been doing so
the problem withOutlook.com <http://outlook.com/>andgroups.io <http://groups.io/>.
Anyone got an address forgroups.io <http://groups.io/>where it will
be possible to unsubscribe?
Thanks Tom
On 23/12/2021 12:04 pm, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Ken. Madison knows she has Outlook. It's not working properly
for her, so she's contemplating the differences between
Thunderbird and Outlook. Bill White billwhite92701@att.net
<mailto:billwhite92701@att.net> -----Original Message----- From:
main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ken Chernack via groups.io Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 5:11
PM To: main@jfw.groups.io Subject: Re: email client question Good
evening. If you have Office365 then you already have Outlook! HTH, Ken -----Original Message----- From: main@jfw.groups.io
<main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin Sent: Wednesday,
December 22, 2021 4:01 PM To: main@jfw.groups.io Subject: email
client question Hi all, I got to wondering, what are the