Topics

moderated Email address for contacting Freedom Scientific Customer Service?

Hi List,

I'm looking for the best email address to contact Freedom Scientific to inquire about my Fusion SMA status. I tried the website for checking my SMA at https://support.freedomscientific.com/Products/UpgradeAndSMARenewal which was posted here but after submitting my serial number I received the below message:

Our records show that you are licensed for release 2022 of Fusion Single User for use outside of the United States. Currently direct, online purchase of SMAs is limited to US customers only. Please contact your authorized Freedom Scientific dealer for further assistance. Use our dealer locator tool for assistance finding your authorized dealer.

I'm wanting to follow up with someone at Freedom Scientific since I've only ever resided in the United States and am a bit perplexed how my SMA shows I'm licensed to use Fusion outside the US. I tried calling their 800-444-4443 number but after holding quite a while for the operator and receiving a message that today was a holiday and the office was closed after trying another menu branch, I'm not optimistic I'll speak to a live person. Just out of curiosity, what holiday is today? I know it is June Teenth but I didn't think businesses were closed for it.

If anyone has a suggested email address for writing about my issue, I'd very much appreciate it. This isn't high priority but I would like to have it addressed.

Alan Lemly

Bill White

Hi, Alan. June Teenth is probably the holiday which has closed Vispero. It's not a federal holiday, though, as the post office is open, and they're delivering mail today. Vispero probably just chose to close today. A lot of businesses want to jump on the band wagon and be politically correct, so they're choosing to honor the "holiday" to look like they're "woke".

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Glenn / Lenny

What is today that presumes political correctness?
Flag day is past I believe.
Glenn

[...]

Hi, Blenn. In case your post isn't tongue-in-cheek, Here is a synopsis of the importance of today, Friday, June 19.

Friday marks the 155th anniversary of Juneteenth, a holiday commemorating the abolishment of slavery that takes place every year on June 19.

The date refers not to the end of legal slavery in the United States but to the gap in time before everyone heard the news.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Richard Turner

If it is political correctness to explain why a business might be closed, that’s just too bad.

If it is political correctness to recognize the end of slavery, that’s too bad.

And, since in reality, it wasn’t the end of slavery, it was just acknowledging that it took two years for people in Texas and other states to find out that in fact they were free, that is not political correctness, that is simply a historical fact.

And if States and/or businesses want to recognize it as a holiday, why would that bother anyone?

And, since this is a forum for discussing Jaws and not politics, why Glen, are you making it about politics?

I won’t pretend to understand how Flag day has anything to do with anything.

Richard

[...]

Hi, Richard. It is politically correct because I believe that a lot of businesses are only recognizing June 19th as a holiday to cater to protesters so that they don't get looted or burned down.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Marty Hutchings

And yet, no one has answered Allen’s question.  I don’t know the email address, but I’m sure that someone here does, so let’s stay focused please.

Love in Christ
Marty

[...]

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

[...]

We can agree to disagree.  Doing the right thing is not political correctness.

With that, I will shut up.

Richard

[...]

I tried to send the Email address, but apparently it did not go through.

The only address I’m familiar with is support@...

But, he may get faster help by calling on Monday.

Richard

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2020 3:10 PM

[...]

David Pearson

Hi::

Change the e-mail recipient from freedom scientific to vispero, and this should work.

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

[...]

Hello:

Sincerely,

David S. Pearson

Sent: Friday, June 19, 2020 4:20 PM

[...]

Thanks Richard and list. I think I'll do better trying to call Vispero/Freedom Scientific and hope I don't have to hold for a prolonged period of time. I tried various branches of their menu tree but got immediately disconnected with some of those choices.

Alan

[...]

Hi, Alan. If you call Vispero, after a bit, you get an announcement that, if you leave your number on their automated system, they will call you back. Usually, they call me back within an hour. This is not a voice mail system, but a place to enter your phone number.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

[...]

Thanks. I came across that option of leaving a message today but didn't since I heard that other message about it being a holiday. I'll keep this option in mind when I call on Monday.

Alan