Topics

moderated Edge Question

Pastor Gilbert Pries

Sometimes Jaws says alert, but I don';'t know how to get to the message or buttton.

This happens when I am using Edge Chromium.

Pastor Gil

Dan Longmore

There may be a button but it happened so fast it’s more like a banner it is just telling me I have downloaded a file and how I can get to the download. That’s been my experience with the alert I’m sure there are others. take care, Dan

On Aug 26, 2020, at 8:09 AM, Pastor Gil Pries <gilp@...> wrote:

Sometimes Jaws says alert, but I don';'t know how to get to the message or buttton.

This happens when I am using Edge Chromium.

Pastor Gil

Pastor Gilbert Pries

That's the way I founnd it to be.

Pastor Gil

There may be a button but it happened so fast it’s more like a banner it is just telling me I have downloaded a file and how I can get to the download. That’s been my experience with the alert I’m sure there are others. take care, Dan

On Aug 26, 2020, at 8:09 AM, Pastor Gil Pries <gilp@...> wrote:

Sometimes Jaws says alert, but I don';'t know how to get to the message or buttton.

This happens when I am using Edge Chromium.

Pastor Gil

I presume this is a transient alert, too.  But if it isn't, it should end up in the Action Center if you don't get to it while the notification is initially presented.

You can also change the length of time that notifications remain presented:  Settings, Ease of Access, Display Pane, Show notifications for dropdown.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Pastor Gilbert Pries

Hi Brian,

It happens when I am on a web site in Edge.

Pastor Gil

I presume this is a transient alert, too.  But if it isn't, it should end up in the Action Center if you don't get to it while the notification is initially presented.

You can also change the length of time that notifications remain presented:  Settings, Ease of Access, Display Pane, Show notifications for dropdown.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Marty Hutchings

You can also use your JAWS history to read alert messages.  Press JAWS Key and Space bar, then press H and use up or down arrows to read what was recently spoken by JAWS.

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 4:19 PM

Hi Brian,

It happens when I am on a web site in Edge.

Pastor Gil

I presume this is a transient alert, too.  But if it isn't, it should end up in the Action Center if you don't get to it while the notification is initially presented.

You can also change the length of time that notifications remain presented:  Settings, Ease of Access, Display Pane, Show notifications for dropdown.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Bill White

Hi, Marty. Yes, you can read your alerts in JAWS history, but you can't act on them from there.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 4:19 PM

Hi Brian,

It happens when I am on a web site in Edge.

Pastor Gil

I presume this is a transient alert, too.  But if it isn't, it should end up in the Action Center if you don't get to it while the notification is initially presented.

You can also change the length of time that notifications remain presented:  Settings, Ease of Access, Display Pane, Show notifications for dropdown.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Pastor Gilbert Pries

Thanks Marty,

Pastor Gil