Topics

moderated Edge question

Maria Campbell

BS.  You are not changing anything by not saying the words, because there is a difference, whether you acknowledge it or not.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--Edmund Burke
On 7/7/2020 8:35 PM, David Moore wrote:

Why did you have to point out that he can see? I do not think of people being blind or sighted! I do not like it when blind people do this all of the time. I do not even think about my blindness most of the time, and I don’t think of people being blind or sighted. I don’t like labels. people need to stop doing this!

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020, 7:45 PM Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> wrote:

I insulted you by saying you are sighted and young and smart?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--Edmund Burke
On 7/7/2020 6:51 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Maria,

            Please give up this kind of insulting rhetoric.  It's entirely uncalled for.

            I really don't care how old, or blind, or not tech savvy you are.  That makes not the slightest bit of difference that you, like all of us, have to go with the flow of the technology stream as it goes along.  You don't get to stop the world, nor do I, nor does anyone else.

            Given my track record here, and on a number of blindness related forums, your statements go beyond just insulting into outrageous.  I suggest you think, and a lot more deeply and carefully, before tossing out your baseless frustration at me as though that's justified.  It's not, period.  So stop.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  Must be the heat or frustration with Corona but we are all so touchy and sensitive.  For me I think we should protest the game “Blind Man’s Bluff”.  Lol  (Kidding, of course)  😊

Dan

[...]

Marty Hutchings

Brian has certainly helped me out of a jam or two here and I appreciate his help.

Love in Christ
Marty

From: Don Walls [mailto:donwalls@...]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2020, 9:14 PM
Subject: Edge question
I find it disappointing that when Brian has merely stated a reality,
that all of us have to deal with change in tech, that others respond
with mean-spirited criticisms and put-downs. Brian frequently responds
to listers’ problems with thoughtful, helpful responses, and I
appreciate his generous contributions.
Don
Well, It makes a huge difference in how they use a PC and what kind of
experience they have when dealing with changes in how a PC is laid out.
Ignoring the difference between the way we have to deal with PC compared
to a sighted person is naive and and smacks of political correctness.

On 7/7/2020 5:35 PM, David Moore wrote:

Why did you have to point out that he can see? I do not think of
people being blind or sighted! I do not like it when blind people do
this all of the time. I do not even think about my blindness most of
the time, and I don’t think of people being blind or sighted. I don’t
like labels. people need to stop doing this!

On Tue, Jul 7, 2020, 7:45 PM Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...> wrote:

I insulted you by saying you are sighted and young and smart?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do
nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 7/7/2020 6:51 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Maria,

Please give up this kind of insulting rhetoric. It's entirely
uncalled for.

I really don't care how old, or blind, or not tech savvy you are.
That makes not the slightest bit of difference that you, like all
of us, have to go with the flow of the technology stream as it
goes along. You don't get to stop the world, nor do I, nor does
anyone else.

Given my track record here, and on a number of blindness related
forums, your statements go beyond just insulting into
outrageous. I suggest you think, and a lot more deeply and
carefully, before tossing out your baseless frustration at me as
though that's justified. It's not, period. So stop.

/The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to
overcome it./
~ Lawrence Krauss

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Since the purpose of these lists is to provide help to each other, and the information provided by Brian was detailed and appeared to be very helpful, I do not see the point in criticizing those who provide valuable assistance. All that does is discourage future contributions, possibly from that person or from others who might have thought of answering a question.