moderated Eclipse IDE with JAWS 2020

Manuel Osswald

Hello,
For my studies I need the program Eclipse, because we program with Java. I have already installed and opened the program. However, I have the following problem: When I created a new project and then create a class in it, I can no longer get out of the code text field. I do get to the menu bar with the Alt key and can also reliably find the elements there, but so far it is not possible for me to navigate out of the text field with F6, for example, and get to the other controls of Eclipse. In addition, many things are not displayed on the braille display, including, for example, the line in the code that I am on as well as errors in the code. Does anyone here perhaps use Eclipse and can give me more detailed information on how best to use it as a JAWS user?

Best,
Manuel

Jason White

On 23/10/21 04:53, Manuel Osswald wrote:
For my studies I need the program Eclipse, because we program with Java. I have already installed and opened the program. However, I have the following problem: When I created a new project and then create a class in it, I can no longer get out of the code text field. I do get to the menu bar with the Alt key and can also reliably find the elements there, but so far it is not possible for me to navigate out of the text field with F6, for example, and get to the other controls of Eclipse.
I've experimented with Eclipse under Linux. I think it's Ctrl-F6 to move between components, not F6. Check the list of keyboard shortcuts, which should be available via your preferred Web search engine, for more details.

Manuel Osswald

Hi Jason,
I tried pressing CTRL+F6 but the only thing that happened is that JAWS did jump to the dialog box with the "Editors" button. Unfortunately, when I press TAB here now, I always end up back in the editor, even with Shift+TAB.

Manuel