moderated ebook creation

Juan Hernandez

HI All,

I want to create EPub ebooks.  Are there any authoring software out there?  I want to be able to take content and properly format a epub book, with table of contents, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Juan

Hi Juan,

I’m a big fan of using software with which I’m already familiar. I’d recommend you create and format your documents to be converted to eBook ePub format with Microsoft Word since it is readily available and commonly used among the community and online support is easy to get. Next, I’d suggest you download the WordToEPUB Microsoft Word addin from the DAISY Consortium at this site:

https://daisy.org/activities/software/wordtoepub/

After you install this addin, a button will be added to your Microsoft Word ribbon bar which will convert the document you’re working with to ePub format.

Give this a go and see if it meets your needs.

Alan Lemly

I want to create EPub ebooks.  Are there any authoring software out there?  I want to be able to take content and properly format a epub book, with table of contents, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Juan

Mario

Alan or anyone who knows, do you know if the addin is compatible with all versions of Word? the page doesn't have any mention of this information.

I want to create EPub ebooks. Are there any authoring software out there?
I want to be able to take content and properly format a epub book, with
table of contents, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Juan

Mario

Requirements:
■ Windows 7, 8 or 10 (earlier versions may work but are untested)
■ Word 2010 or newer (earlier versions may also work)

Alan or anyone who knows, do you know if the addin is compatible with
all versions of Word?  the page doesn't have any mention of this
information.

I want to create EPub ebooks.  Are there any authoring software out there?
I want to be able to take content and properly format a epub book, with
table of contents, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Juan

.

Hi Mario,

I have my doubts that the WordToEPUB Microsoft Word addin is compatible
with all versions of Word. I was able to download it and install it to Word
2010 on my Windows 7 computer but when I tested it there and converted a
Word document with headings to ePub, those headings were not properly
converted in the resulting ePub file or at any rate, they were not properly
seen as headings when I opened that ePub file in Voice Dream Reader. I just
converted another Word docx file with headings on my Windows 10 computer
running Microsoft Word 2019 using the WordToEPUB addin and the resulting
ePub file was perfect in Voice Dream Reader.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the Word versions supported by the
addin. I agree that they really should mention which versions of Microsoft
Word the addin works with. All I see on their site is that it works with
Windows 7, 8, and 10. The DAISY Consortium has a guidance website for the
addin that includes a couple of additional links explaining it which you
might check out here:

https://daisy.org/info-help/guidance-training/daisy-tools/wordtoepub-guidanc
e/

Alan Lemly

Alan or anyone who knows, do you know if the addin is compatible with all
versions of Word? the page doesn't have any mention of this information.

I want to create EPub ebooks. Are there any authoring software out there?
I want to be able to take content and properly format a epub book, with
table of contents, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Juan

Ryan Bondroff

Ryan here – can  I use  NFB  Newsline magazine files to be converted into  MS Word   ePub?

eom