moderated Dropbox navigation, hoping someone can help

Jed Barton

Hey guys,

OK, having some pretty major dropbox issues, and am hoping someone can
help. Is it me, or is dropbox not accessible in terms of the app? So
here's my issue. I use a program on my phone to record some stuff and
it goes to dropbox directly from that app. The good news, it's going
there. The bad news, I can't determine whether my local dropbox on an
external harddrive is sinking properly. It says when i hit insert
f11, and arrow up and down until I find dropbox, it says, dropbox, and
it reads a bunch of numbers, and it says up to date. So when I press
enter on that Icon it says nothing. I suspect something isn't sinking
properly or something. So, what's the best way to make adjustments in
the dropbox app? It hardly seems accessible at all. I'm running the
latest jaws 2021. Can someone help?

Cheers,

Jed

Jacob

It works if you press Windows+B. Find Dropbox and press Enter.

OZ0TE Jacob

On
13.
Jun. 2021
at 03.58
Jed Barton <jedbarton@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

So it's certainly signed in. The problem is, it doesn't appear to be
sinking properly. Any ideas?

On 6/12/21, Jacob <dx@drnet.dk> wrote:
[...]

So this problem really has me confused. It's almost like it's not
sinking the right way. When I go to the dropbox Icon it says up to
date. Now, when I load the dropbox app on my iphoen, I see files
there that are in dropbox, that didn't make it to my local machine.
Yet it says it's up to date. I have smart sink turned off, and I have
it set to local. Any experts here on dropbox who can help?

On 6/12/21, Jed Barton via groups.io <jedbarton=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

John Covici

When you go to your local computer are the files there? If not, you
have to go into the dropbox preferences which are in the app -- the up
to date is just saying the software itself is up to date.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 22:51:09 -0400,
Jed Barton wrote:

[...]

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Jed Barton

OK, so they are not there on my computer. So what would I change?

Jed Barton wrote:

[...]

Well, I am not a dropbox expert, but there is a parameter in dropbox
which controls whether your computer syncs with dropbox and that
should be on -- I don't know where that is, but that is the one to
look for.

Jed Barton wrote:

[...]

Richard Turner

Open the System Tray with Windows+b or insert+f11.
Arrow to Dropbox and hit enter, that should bring up the context menu.
Arrow to Preferences.
You will have lots of tabs, right arrow to the Sync tab and explore those settings.
HTH,

Richard