moderated downloading Google Chrome

kevin meyers

Hello, I was having problems with Google Chrome and decided to download a new free version. Before I download a new version I uninstalled the existing one. I then used FireFox to get the free download. I got the message saying I had to click on a install in the upper right corner of the screen. There was nothing called install in that corner using the Jaws cursor. I tabbed and arrowed through the screen. I couldn’t find anyway to download the free version. I never had this problem using Google Chrome to download new version. Am I missing somethingg when using FireFox to get the free download version of Google Chrome? Thanks, Kevin

Jacob

On 2022-06-18 at 15:39 kevin meyers wrote:

Hello, I was having problems with Google Chrome and decided to download a new free version. Before I download a new version I uninstalled the existing one. I then used FireFox to get the free download. I got the message saying I had to click on a install in the upper right corner of the screen. There was nothing called install in that corner using the Jaws cursor. I tabbed and arrowed through the screen. I couldn’t find anyway to download the free version. I never had this problem using Google Chrome to download new version. Am I missing somethingg when using FireFox to get the free download version of Google Chrome? Thanks, Kevin

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. Here's where I download Chrome, and it is always the free version,

https://www.google.com/chrome/

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hello, I was having problems with Google Chrome and decided to download a new free version. Before I download a new version I uninstalled the existing one. I then used FireFox to get the free download. I got the message saying I had to click on a install in the upper right corner of the screen. There was nothing called install in that corner using the Jaws cursor. I tabbed and arrowed through the screen. I couldn’t find anyway to download the free version. I never had this problem using Google Chrome to download new version. Am I missing somethingg when using FireFox to get the free download version of Google Chrome? Thanks, Kevin

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. Be careful when perusing the web for download. Before the Web Results, there are often ads for places to download software, and these often bundle extra software with the product for which the ad is placed. I usually skip these, and go directly to Web Results when searching for download sites.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hello, I was having problems with Google Chrome and decided to download a new free version. Before I download a new version I uninstalled the existing one. I then used FireFox to get the free download. I got the message saying I had to click on a install in the upper right corner of the screen. There was nothing called install in that corner using the Jaws cursor. I tabbed and arrowed through the screen. I couldn’t find anyway to download the free version. I never had this problem using Google Chrome to download new version. Am I missing somethingg when using FireFox to get the free download version of Google Chrome? Thanks, Kevin

Marie Nelson

A good alternative is the Ninit chrome installer which always installs the latest version and never any extras.

Marie

[...]

Larry Gassman

Yes, it is Ninite and just google it and you will be taken to the Ninite site.

Larry

[...]

David Diamond

I can’t find Bill’s post.  He is exactly correct.  Often when downloading something it comes with attachment’s such as spy ware protection.  I’ve been using edge for so long I forgot.  I used to use Google but now, maybe it is because of user use, I find it to annoying.  I just want to go to a sight, not want to have to negotiate past a bunch of fluff.