Topics

moderated downloading Adobe Reader

tom x

Hi,

Using: Jaws 2021 and W10 20H2 64 bit.

I have been attempting to download and install Adobe Reader from the site but each time it attempts to also download the McAfee anti virus program which is not wanted.

Any ideas how Adobe Reader can be had without the anti virus program?

Thanks

Tom

Shirley Tracy

Hi Tom,

There’s a box you have to uncheck. It’s been so long ago that I downloaded it, I forgot exactly where—but it’s there, part of the choices they offer you in the download, I think.

Shirley Tracy

I have been attempting to download and install Adobe Reader from the

site but each time it attempts to also download the McAfee anti virus

program which is not wanted.

Any ideas how Adobe Reader can be had without the anti virus program?

Thanks

Tom

Mike B

Hi Tom,

Try the link below.  Just make sure to uncheck any checkboxes  that might want to install Google or whatever the hell it asks you to install.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

I have been attempting to download and install Adobe Reader from the
site but each time it attempts to also download the McAfee anti virus
program which is not wanted.

Any ideas how Adobe Reader can be had without the anti virus program?

Thanks

Tom

Mike B

Hi again Tom,

Below is a direct Dropbox  download link to the latest installer.  I just downloaded this file and made sure it doesn't have any extra crap attached to the installer.

Please let me know when you get it downloaded so I can remove it from my account.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

I have been attempting to download and install Adobe Reader from the
site but each time it attempts to also download the McAfee anti virus
program which is not wanted.

Any ideas how Adobe Reader can be had without the anti virus program?

Thanks

Tom

Glenn / Lenny

The free macafee scanner would be okay, it won't prompt you to buy it.
The other box, the on-line scanner is probably a trial and should be avoided.  I also unchecked the Edge add-in.
Glenn

Below is a direct Dropbox  download link to the latest installer.  I just downloaded this file and made sure it doesn't have any extra crap attached to the installer.

Please let me know when you get it downloaded so I can remove it from my account.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
I have been attempting to download and install Adobe Reader from the
site but each time it attempts to also download the McAfee anti virus
program which is not wanted.

Any ideas how Adobe Reader can be had without the anti virus program?

Thanks

Tom

tom x

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link and have now installed the program on my system.

Cheers

Tom

On 30/11/2020 2:00 pm, Mike B wrote:
Hi again Tom,

Below is a direct Dropbox  download link to the latest installer.  I just downloaded this file and made sure it doesn't have any extra crap attached to the installer.

Please let me know when you get it downloaded so I can remove it from my account.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
I have been attempting to download and install Adobe Reader from the
site but each time it attempts to also download the McAfee anti virus
program which is not wanted.

Any ideas how Adobe Reader can be had without the anti virus program?

Thanks

Tom

tom x

Thanks to all those who responded to my query regarding obtaining Adobe Reader.

Cheers

Tom