From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barbara Sheinbein
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2021 5:56 PM
To: JFW List <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Download time in Pontes 3.2

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure what is going on, but my downloads in Pontes media 3.2 are taking a long time.  I have tried several different YouTube files.  I can otherwise download outside of this program in more typical times.  So what I want to be able to do is monitor the download time in Pontes.  A sighted person seemed to be able to view this.  How can I monitor the time with JAWS?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

Glenn / Lenny

I've noticed that too.

I am not sure what is going on, but my downloads in Pontes media 3.2 are taking a long time.  I have tried several different YouTube files.  I can otherwise download outside of this program in more typical times.  So what I want to be able to do is monitor the download time in Pontes.  A sighted person seemed to be able to view this.  How can I monitor the time with JAWS?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

Monica S

Hi, is there a way that I could see what version I am currently using?

Thanks,

Monica

Barbara, find the link to version 2.1. I’ll see if I can send you mine, but if it doesn’t work,. Go on line to find versiohn2.1. it is much better. Jim

I am not sure what is going on, but my downloads in Pontes media 3.2 are taking a long time.  I have tried several different YouTube files.  I can otherwise download outside of this program in more typical times.  So what I want to be able to do is monitor the download time in Pontes.  A sighted person seemed to be able to view this.  How can I monitor the time with JAWS?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Monica,
I don't think it's the version, my version is pasted below, you find it by doing alt H for help and into "about".
But I've seen my 2X version downloading slowly lately too...
graphic 372  About Pontes Media Downloader graphic 73  graphic 960  graphic 798
Pontes Media DownloaderVersion 2.1.6619.26545
Nelu Campeangraphic 439  Created By
This program uses the follo wing open sourwing open source components:
Youtube-dl.exe from http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
FFmpeg.exe from http://ffmpeg.org/
Supported sites Close window

Hi, is there a way that I could see what version I am currently using?

Thanks,

Monica

Barbara, find the link to version 2.1. I’ll see if I can send you mine, but if it doesn’t work,. Go on line to find versiohn2.1. it is much better. Jim

I am not sure what is going on, but my downloads in Pontes media 3.2 are taking a long time.  I have tried several different YouTube files.  I can otherwise download outside of this program in more typical times.  So what I want to be able to do is monitor the download time in Pontes.  A sighted person seemed to be able to view this.  How can I monitor the time with JAWS?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Barbara

Bill White

I think YouTube has throttled speeds for downloading through Pontes Media Downloader to conserve time for those actually watching the videos. I think they don't want people to download the videos, because when they download, the ads are skipped, and the video uploaders don't make money for themselves or for YouTube.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...