Topics

moderated Doug Lee's audible scripts

Richard Turner

Hello,

I decided to try the Microsoft Audible app and installed Doug Lee’s scripts, over the objection of Windows Defender.

When I launch the Audible app and press insert+q, there is no information about a revision number, which leads me to believe they did not install correctly if at all.  It shows Jaws 2020 as the version I’m installing the scripts for.

Any of you Jaws Gurus have any idea how else to check the script installation?

This is out of my depth.

Richard

Mike B

I've never installed any of his scripts, so this is only a guess.  Try looking in the J2020 ENU folder or look in Manage Application settings in the Jaws context menu.  To get to manage application settings press, Insert + J, then press the letter, O, to open Options, then press the letter, M, to open manage...

Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2020 7:42 AM
Subject: Doug Lee's audible scripts

Hello,

I decided to try the Microsoft Audible app and installed Doug Lee’s scripts, over the objection of Windows Defender.

When I launch the Audible app and press insert+q, there is no information about a revision number, which leads me to believe they did not install correctly if at all.  It shows Jaws 2020 as the version I’m installing the scripts for.

Any of you Jaws Gurus have any idea how else to check the script installation?

This is out of my depth.

Richard

Hi Richard,

I just downloaded the Audible scripts from Doug Lee's website and I am also using Edge. I had to go through the same steps, e.g. I had to allow the download and when I tried to install I also had to tell it to go ahead and install the program anyways. However, afterwards when I opened the Audible app and pressed Jaws Key + Q, I was told I had "Audible Revision 64" and the scripts definitely work well. I can go through my library and if I press Shift + F10 on a particular title I get options such as View Summary, Mark as Finished, Download etc.

Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2020 7:42 AM

Hello,

I decided to try the Microsoft Audible app and installed Doug Lee’s scripts, over the objection of Windows Defender.

When I launch the Audible app and press insert+q, there is no information about a revision number, which leads me to believe they did not install correctly if at all.  It shows Jaws 2020 as the version I’m installing the scripts for.

Any of you Jaws Gurus have any idea how else to check the script installation?

This is out of my depth.

Richard

David Ingram

where can I get the scripts for audible?  Thank you for any information that you might have concerning my question.  P.S. what version of jaws does the following dug lee scripts of TeamViewer, YouTube, and dropbox work with?  Thank you.

Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2020 7:42 AM

Hello,

I decided to try the Microsoft Audible app and installed Doug Lee’s scripts, over the objection of Windows Defender.

When I launch the Audible app and press insert+q, there is no information about a revision number, which leads me to believe they did not install correctly if at all.  It shows Jaws 2020 as the version I’m installing the scripts for.

Any of you Jaws Gurus have any idea how else to check the script installation?

This is out of my depth.

Richard

Richard Turner

Well, this is odd.

I installed the Audible app from the Microsoft Store.  And the scripts say they were installed, but Insert+q just gives me the generic stuff, nothing about the revision number.

O well, not actually that big of a deal.

I just thought I may decide to put some on an external drive.

Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2020 7:42 AM

Hello,

I decided to try the Microsoft Audible app and installed Doug Lee’s scripts, over the objection of Windows Defender.

When I launch the Audible app and press insert+q, there is no information about a revision number, which leads me to believe they did not install correctly if at all.  It shows Jaws 2020 as the version I’m installing the scripts for.

Any of you Jaws Gurus have any idea how else to check the script installation?

This is out of my depth.

Richard

Mike B

Hi David,

Here's Doug Lee's website, and once on the website look for, • Audible Windows 10 app JAWS scripts.

Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2020 2:47 PM

Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2020 7:42 AM

Hello,

I decided to try the Microsoft Audible app and installed Doug Lee’s scripts, over the objection of Windows Defender.

When I launch the Audible app and press insert+q, there is no information about a revision number, which leads me to believe they did not install correctly if at all.  It shows Jaws 2020 as the version I’m installing the scripts for.

Any of you Jaws Gurus have any idea how else to check the script installation?

This is out of my depth.

Richard

Ann Byrne

Go to the start menu, JAWSxxxx, arrow down to utilities and open it. Under utilities locate 'explore my settings". Installed scripts should be there. If they aren't, maybe they got lost somewhere, poor things!

At 05:40 PM 8/9/2020, you wrote:

Well, this is odd.

I installed the Audible app from the Microsoft Store. And the scripts say they were installed, but Insert+q just gives me the generic stuff, nothing about the revision number.

O well, not actually that big of a deal.

I just thought I may decide to put some on an external drive.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself," and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I've never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert