Topics

moderated Does TOAD for Oracle work with JAWS?

Walker, Michael E

Hi,

Has anyone figured out how to get TOAD for Oracle to work with JAWS, for viewing database tables, views, and querying them?

Thank you,

Mike

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I work with Oracle when I have to do Database Management projects.  Unfortunately the only way to access it is through the CLI.  I have no idea about access where Toad is concerned.  I do not think there is any accessible GUI clients to help us manage databases and it's been like this since time imemorial.  Cheers!

On 8/12/2020 10:07 pm, Walker, Michael E wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone figured out how to get TOAD for Oracle to work with JAWS, for viewing database tables, views, and querying them?

Thank you,

Mike

Don Mauck

Don, do you have any comments on this?

Regards:

Don Mauck | Senior Accessibility Evangelist | Accessibility Program Office |  (APO)

303.334.4184

Don.mauck@...

Hi.  I work with Oracle when I have to do Database Management projects.  Unfortunately the only way to access it is through the CLI.  I have no idea about access where Toad is concerned.  I do not think there is any accessible GUI clients to help us manage databases and it's been like this since time imemorial.  Cheers!

On 8/12/2020 10:07 pm, Walker, Michael E wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone figured out how to get TOAD for Oracle to work with JAWS, for viewing database tables, views, and querying them?

Thank you,

Mike

Jaffar Sidek

Actually, the only nearly accessible gui driven database management app that I know of is mssql studio, from Microsoft, but I personally don't use it, so I can't really comment.  I also know that Eclipse has some database management related Plugins, but I don't use them either.  I have reached the stage of being so comfortable with managing databases with the command line that It really doesn't bother me one way or the other.  But it would be good if someone comes up with an accessible gui driven database management application though.  Cheers!

On 9/12/2020 2:58 am, Don Mauck wrote:

Don, do you have any comments on this?

Regards:

Don Mauck | Senior Accessibility Evangelist | Accessibility Program Office |  (APO)

303.334.4184

Don.mauck@...

Hi.  I work with Oracle when I have to do Database Management projects.  Unfortunately the only way to access it is through the CLI.  I have no idea about access where Toad is concerned.  I do not think there is any accessible GUI clients to help us manage databases and it's been like this since time imemorial.  Cheers!

On 8/12/2020 10:07 pm, Walker, Michael E wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone figured out how to get TOAD for Oracle to work with JAWS, for viewing database tables, views, and querying them?

Thank you,

Mike

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

I use sqlplus from the command line directly on the database server or the command prompt on my PC to access the oracle databases that I manage.  I have been curious about TOAD, but a license for it is needed at my company so I haven’t gotten hold of it yet.

Hi.  I work with Oracle when I have to do Database Management projects.  Unfortunately the only way to access it is through the CLI.  I have no idea about access where Toad is concerned.  I do not think there is any accessible GUI clients to help us manage databases and it's been like this since time imemorial.  Cheers!

On 8/12/2020 10:07 pm, Walker, Michael E wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone figured out how to get TOAD for Oracle to work with JAWS, for viewing database tables, views, and querying them?

Thank you,

Mike

Walker, Michael E

Hi Pam,

Yes, I remember you and I talking about sqlplus this past summer. My team is using TOAD to access Oracle for now though, but I am prepared, if I have to fall back on sqlplus.

Mike

This message was sent from outside of Boeing. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know that the content is safe.