moderated Does Jaws 2021, still use the command keystrokes for paste special?

Albert Cutolo

Good afternoon everyone,

I think that in older versions of Jaws, their was something called  paste special which allowed you too be able too copy the contents of a link in to a  word document.  In the latest version of jaws, is this keystroke still available, or has what I’m referring too, lo longer used?

Milton Ota

Hi,

In the latest build of JAWS 2021 if you are focused on a link you can bring up the application/context menu and copy hyperlink to the clipboard and paste the link wherever you want.

Hope this is what you are referring to.

I think that in older versions of Jaws, their was something called  paste special which allowed you too be able too copy the contents of a link in to a  word document.  In the latest version of jaws, is this keystroke still available, or has what I’m referring too, lo longer used?

Bill White

Hi, Albert. The Paste Special command is still available to use in JAWS 2021. It is not, though, a JAWS command. Instead, it is a Microsoft command, and the command is as follows,

ALT plus CONTROL plus V

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I think that in older versions of Jaws, their was something called  paste special which allowed you too be able too copy the contents of a link in to a  word document.  In the latest version of jaws, is this keystroke still available, or has what I’m referring too, lo longer used?

Curtis Chong

Hello:

Paste Special is a function of Word, control alt v. Through this function you can say that all you want pasted is unformatted text. I use this an awful lot.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

I think that in older versions of Jaws, their was something called  paste special which allowed you too be able too copy the contents of a link in to a  word document.  In the latest version of jaws, is this keystroke still available, or has what I’m referring too, lo longer used?

That is a Word keystroke and to my knowledge has nothing to do with Jaws.

I think that in older versions of Jaws, their was something called  paste special which allowed you too be able too copy the contents of a link in to a  word document.  In the latest version of jaws, is this keystroke still available, or has what I’m referring too, lo longer used?

Adrian Spratt

Then arrow up or down through the format choices, which vary.