Topics

moderated Does Anyone Ever Have This Situation?

Annabelle Susan Morison

And how did you fix it? Basically what seems to happen is, my activation license for JAWS always seems to get lost and makes it run in demo mode. Even more confusing is the fact that the serial number tends to default to 801 when this happens, and the locking code changes as well. It mostly happens whenever I install new hardware on my machine. I wish I didn't have to reset my activation keys and reactivate JAWS when I install new or existing hardware drivers.

Bill White

Hi again, Annabelle. This happens because, when you install new hardware on your machine, it becomes a completely different machine as far as JAWS is concerned. If they did not do this, anyone could install JAWS on any machine, and run it in registered mode without paying for it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Annabelle Susan Morison
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2020 11:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Does Anyone Ever Have This Situation?

And how did you fix it? Basically what seems to happen is, my activation license for JAWS always seems to get lost and makes it run in demo mode. Even more confusing is the fact that the serial number tends to default to 801 when this happens, and the locking code changes as well. It mostly happens whenever I install new hardware on my machine. I wish I didn't have to reset my activation keys and reactivate JAWS when I install new or existing hardware drivers.

Have you contacted Freedom Scientific Support about this?   If not, you should as your first order of business.   It's unlikely you're the only user who has had this quirk occur and very often you'll be walked through the solution in minutes.   If not, at least Freedom Scientific now has the issue recorded.

There really are times when turning to product technical support should be the first thing you do.  Reporting afterward on the outcome, and asking questions on a group, comes next.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

~ Joshua Liebman

David Diamond

I also suggest as Brian alluded to, call Freedom or whatever they are called these days and report it.  Why?  Because your allotment of licenses could have run out.  Phone Freedom and they will fix the problem.  I am probably uses the wrong term here.  However, I’ve had a few computers that have crashed and have been unrepairable, it was cheaper to get a new computer in the long run. Telling Freedom about this they just reset the # of computers that could use JAWS.  The same with Open book.